PDA

View Full Version : No internet arwork after upgrade

tcrankwa
05-27-2012, 07:35 AM
After upgrading to 2.6 when I "search for internet artwork" nothing shows-up. I can still choose 1-21 but no images appear.

This happens even with already established artwork.

What am I doing wrong?

Hashybot
05-27-2012, 07:08 PM
Try upgrading to 2.6.2. I'm not sure there is a difference in that area however I thought I would mention I have personally used Thumbgen to get all my meta data and artwork for TV and movie. Does a great job but I don't want to take anything away from the great work the Conceiva crew do here as I'm sure they're artwork downloader works well also. I just wanted to share how I do it in the event it may help you also. :)

tcrankwa
05-27-2012, 11:46 PM
Try upgrading to 2.6.2. I'm not sure there is a difference in that area however I thought I would mention I have personally used Thumbgen to get all my meta data and artwork for TV and movie. Does a great job but I don't want to take anything away from the great work the Conceiva crew do here as I'm sure they're artwork downloader works well also. I just wanted to share how I do it in the event it may help you also. :)

I'll give that a shot. It was working great before.

Thanks!

Paul
05-28-2012, 09:47 AM
Does it do this for all artist/album search terms? For example, if you enter 'U2' as the artist and 'Rattle and Hum' as the album in the 'Get Artwork From Internet' dialog, does it work? I just tried it with Mezzmo v2.6.2 and it worked for me. Let me know how you go.

tcrankwa
05-29-2012, 12:40 AM
Does it do this for all artist/album search terms? For example, if you enter 'U2' as the artist and 'Rattle and Hum' as the album in the 'Get Artwork From Internet' dialog, does it work? I just tried it with Mezzmo v2.6.2 and it worked for me. Let me know how you go.

It's really strange, Paul. I only use it for movies but it "acts" like it makes the search but doesn't display any artwork. It does the same thing for already downloaded artwork.

I can download the artwork and then add it, which I've been doing, but it was nice to have the software do it.

Paul
05-29-2012, 09:39 AM
Something does seem wrong, so we would like to fix it. Please turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and exit Mezzmo. Restart Mezzmo and go to the Get Internet Artwork dialog. Search for 'inception' and, if you see no artwork displayed in the dialog, please take a screenshot of it (press Alt+PrintScreen on your keyboard). Exit Mezzmo. Zip up the logs and send them to us (with the screenshot) at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

tcrankwa
06-10-2012, 03:28 AM

Same thing. The search completes but no artwork, just the "crossed arrows".

Paul
06-11-2012, 08:44 PM
Did you send us a set of logs to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com? We really need the logs to understand what is happening & to fix it for you. Also, please take a screenshot of the "crossed arrows" you mention and send it to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com. Once we get this information, we can fix it.

mezzmo@mvg.za.net
06-11-2012, 09:09 PM
Just a thought... Not maybe that your firewall is blocking access to eh sites required to get artwork? I remember a thread where it was mentioned that some AV/Firewalls do not like all the sites used?

Cheers
Mark

Paul
06-12-2012, 12:07 PM
Got your logs and screenshot - many thanks. From the logs, we can see that something is blocking Mezzmo from accessing the web from your computer. Mark is right - typically this blocking is done by your firewall or security software. Try disabling them as a test and see if Mezzmo can access the artwork now. Let us know how you go.