PDA

View Full Version : WHS 2011, Logitech Revue and Mezzmo

Awraynor
05-28-2012, 01:04 PM
Trying out my $72 Logitech Revue and it's been a little frustrating. Mezzmo organizes my files, I have the Revue recognized as a generic device with no formats needing to be set per Mezzmo. The Revue see's Mezzmo, all the music and movies, but nothing will play. The default .vob player on WHS was a shell script and I changed it to Mezzmo, no joy and then to WMP, that didn't fix anything.

Am I missing a setting or any other ideas?

Paul
05-28-2012, 01:50 PM
In Mezzmo, go to the Media Devices and change the device profile for your Revue from 'Generic Device' to 'Logitech Revue'. Restart your Mezzmo server and try streaming now.

Awraynor
05-29-2012, 12:52 AM
Thanks Paul,

I overlooked that very obvious box at the bottom of the page. I selected the profile, restarted and it still will not play
videos. Would I have better luck with an alternative media player than the built in Logitech player, or does it matter?

Awraynor
05-29-2012, 04:26 AM
Let me update you. If I drill down to the vob file from the folder tab it will play.
If I select from the video tab it will not. Is this typical?

Paul
05-29-2012, 11:09 AM
You have found a problem with our Logitech Revue device profile. Please use the Folders tab for the moment as it is working well. We'll fix up the other tabs for the next Mezzmo release. Thanks for reporting this.

With regards other media players, we do recommend using iMediaShare with RockPlayer or MX Video Player for Android-based devices.

Awraynor
05-29-2012, 11:23 AM
Thanks I'll take a look at them.