PDA

View Full Version : what is best video format for dish hopper, and why no ff

voodooevil
05-29-2012, 07:12 AM
Hello.
I curently have a wd media player and converted my blu-rays to stream.
I just received my hopper and was trying to convert my blurays to a hopper friendly format.
Is the no FF an hopper issue.
Thanks for any help.
I would like to get my movies to a hopper friendly hd and dolby audio format to stream from win7 pc. ) I am using the Hopper/Joey profile for my device
Thanks....Joe
This MEZZMO has always been the greatest thing for me.

Paul
05-29-2012, 11:53 AM
The current Dish Hopper device profile prefers to encode to MP4 (H264, AAC). So if you convert your Blu-rays to this, then they should not need transcoding. Try converting one and see how you go. If that does not work, then post the FFMpeg information on the converted file so we can see what may be wrong. Right-click on the file in Mezzmo and click 'Get FFmpeg Information' to do this.

voodooevil
05-31-2012, 07:35 AM
Thanks for getting back to me.
I tried what you suggested, It actually plays nicely, but no dolby digital, only pro-logic.
Also no FF or RR or auto resume. ( i guess this would be a hopper issue)
...Joe

Paul
05-31-2012, 10:31 AM
Glad it works for you. You can send us a set of logs so we can see what is happening when Mezzmo steams your file to your Hopper. It may help in determining why no FF/REW. To do this, turn on logging in Mezzmo (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging). Restart your Mezzmo server and stream the file to your Hopper. After playing the video for a minute or so, stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up the logs and send them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com. Also send us the FFmpeg information on the file that you played. Right-click on the file in Mezzmo and click 'Get FFmpeg Information' to do this.