PDA

View Full Version : album art

coxie2
05-29-2012, 12:06 PM
Am a new user of Mezzmo (2.6) and am wondering if there is a way to shut off retrieving album art ? I have ripped most of my cd collection and do not need to see the artwork as I know what album (cd) these tunes are from. I am using Direct tv to access these files off my network and all of the artwork is also present. In order to eliminate this artwork, I have to go into each folder and delete but when I update my library, the files reinstall. This is a real negative for me. Any suggestions, thanks.

Paul
05-29-2012, 12:18 PM
Mezzmo does have an option to not get artwork from the internet (see Options dialog (Retrieving Album Information) when you add files or maintain your Mezzmo library. However, Mezzmo does not have any setting to stop creating thumbnails for photos/videos, or for retrieving artwork from metadata within your music/video files, or for extracting artwork from external metadata files (such as folder.jpg, <filename>.tbn, etc.).

Mezzmo server presents a list of files to your device when you browse/navigate and it is up to your device to request the artwork from Mezzmo server. When artwork is requested, Mezzmo simply delivers the artwork back to the device.

coxie2
05-29-2012, 12:29 PM
Thanks Paul I have a few days left on my trial and will decide if I want to purchase. I really like the software but do not like the album art part of it.