PDA

View Full Version : Sony KDL-32EX600 TV "Sort By" not supported

mezzmo@mvg.za.net
06-01-2012, 04:58 AM
Hi All

My TV (Sony KDL-32EX600) has a feature called "Sort By" which allows you to sort the order in which items (videos) are displayed.

When I select this option I get a message "The server does not support this sorting method", is this something that can be added/configured in Mezzmo?

The error message returned seems to indicate that this is something which Mezzmo does not support

It would be a nice feature when trying to find a specific file in a large selection?

Any ideas?

Mark

Paul
06-01-2012, 10:34 AM
The current version of Mezzmo does has sort/searching support for a limited set of DLNA media attributes at this stage. We are continuing to increase this sort/search support when requested from DLNA devices. If you wish, please send us a set of logs when you do a "Sort By" and we'll see what your Sony Bravia is requesting from Mezzmo server. Turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Connect to Mezzmo server using your TV and use the "Sort By" command. When you get the message on your TV, stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs and send them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

mezzmo@mvg.za.net
06-04-2012, 05:00 AM
If you wish, please send us a set of logs when you do a "Sort By" and we'll see what your Sony Bravia is requesting from Mezzmo server.

Hey Paul

Logs etc sent to support.

Logging forward to your feedback.

Cheers
Mark

Paul
06-04-2012, 11:32 AM
Thanks - we'll analyze them and get back to you.