PDA

View Full Version : mezzmo update renamed all tv series by title instead of file name

devilbrand
06-01-2012, 02:59 PM
I had all my TV series to display Title SxxExx. When I updated to the new version of mezzmo my files are all now displaying the Title field of the metadata. This has made it impossible to watch tv series because they no longer display in order. The titles are all alphabetical, not the file names. Any suggestions to change how it displays?

Paul
06-01-2012, 03:41 PM
When you run Maintain Library, be careful not to select the "Update all files" radio button - otherwise it will overwrite existing information that you already have. The "Only update files with missing information" radio button will only update those attributes that are blank in our Mezzmo library.

By default, Mezzmo auto-detects external metadata files and reads the title, genre, year, artwork, etc. from them. The current version of Mezzmo does not let you control what metadata is taken from these external metadata files. If you want to keep your original filenames when you add your files into your Mezzmo library, then my only suggestion at this stage is to rename or move your external metadata files when you add these files into Mezzmo.

wback
07-30-2012, 10:22 AM
Come on, that's extremely bad. I'm generating my file names taking a lot of factors into consideration, so I see in the Media List on my TV all the relevant info. Suddenly, Mezzmo changes the generation of the title. Please, give us an option, to switch that "automatic" title generation OFF. It took me a couple of hours, to rechange the titles of the videos I uploaded after I installed the new version. I cannot go through that process each time, I add media files to the Mezzmo Library. I have an extensive framework that generates the file names, but now, that complete framework is useless, since Mezzmo messes up the Titles.

Paul
07-30-2012, 12:37 PM
Can you explain what happened in your case so we can better understand? Did you maintain your Mezzmo library and that overwrote your titles? Before running maintenance, did you manually enter you own titles into Mezzmo or were they coming from external metadata files (e.g. .nfo, .xml, etc.)?

ckim551
08-03-2012, 02:44 PM
I download Korean dramas and watch them on TV via Mezzmo & BlueRay player.
Before the update, filename displayed fine on my TV. But now title is not displaying (show up as boxes instead of characters) correctly.
Please give me an option to choose to display either title or filename.

Thanks.

Paul
08-03-2012, 02:50 PM
Hi ckim551,

The current Mezzmo release (v2.6.7) is now getting the title metadata from within the video file. We have had reports from some users (including yourself) that non-English characters are getting corrupted. We are fixing this now. I'll update this thread when we have a fix ready.

wback
08-06-2012, 02:21 AM
Paul,
I generate a title with a very specific systematic:
1. for non ENU videos:
a) for TV Series:
<###> - <Episode title> (<Series> - <Detective or Main Actor>, <Duration>, <Country>, <Year>)_yyyy-mm-dd_<station>
b) for movies:
<Title of movie> (<Genre>, <Duration>, <Country>, <Year>, <Main Actor>)_yyyy-mm-dd_<station>
2) for ENU videos:
a) for TV Series:
<###> - <Episode title> (<Series>, <Year>, <Duration>, <MPAA Rating>, <User Rating from IMDB>)
b) for movies:
<Title> (<Genre>, <Year>, <Duration>, <MPAA Rating>, <User Rating from IMDB>)

With having 6000+ videos in my library it is extremely important, that I can find specific videos quickly, both in an external database (containing a lot more info about the video and allows searching for a lot of different criteria) and then in Mezzmo (i.e. on the TV). If the titles in the external db and in Mezzmo are different, it can be extremely hard to find a specific video for viewing.
Example:
"My title, 1a": "359 - Die Kommissarin- Albtraum (Tatort - Lea Sommer, 90 min., D, 1997)_2012-07-21_NDR"
"Mezzmo Title": "Albtraum Lea Sommer (359)"

Paul
08-06-2012, 10:46 AM
Hi wback,

Thanks for explaining this. We'll add an option to get the title from the file name only (and not from embedded meta data or external metadata files). You can contact us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com for a patch to try if you like.

Mazz
08-07-2012, 12:04 AM
Hi wback,

Thanks for explaining this. We'll add an option to get the title from the file name only (and not from embedded meta data or external metadata files). You can contact us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com for a patch to try if you like.

This would be a good option!

Visor
08-10-2012, 02:29 AM
Wow, this upgrade sounds risky, as I have many TV programs as well.

Right now I'm using version 2.6.5.1 (special patch to fix issues with my WD TV Live). I've opened the "Maintain your Mezzmo Library" settings window, but when I un-check either the "Update information about media files in your Mezzmo library" or "Update media properties" options, the OK button is greyed out so I can't save these settings. I don't want Mezzmo touching my file titles, as I rely 100% on the filenames that I painstakingly created. ;) Is there a way for me to turn these off before I upgrade to 2.6.7?

Thanks,
Visor

Paul
08-10-2012, 12:28 PM
In the Maintain Library dialog, you have full control if you want to keep your existing attributes for files (such as title, artist, album, genre, etc.) or get new attributes from disk using Mezzmo's metadata retrieval engine. There are two settings in the Maintain dialog that control this:

Update all files (warning: this will overwrite existing information) - choose this radio button to remove your existing attributes (such as title, artist, album, genre, etc.) and let Mezzmo retrieve new attributes for your files - based on metadata found in the files and metadata found in associated external metadata files (.NFO, .XML, .TGMD, etc.).
Only update files with missing information - choose this radio button to only update files that have empty attributes. Any attribute that is already filled in will not be touched. So, if you want to keep your existing titles, then you should choose this setting and Mezzmo will not touch them.

Click the Help button on the Maintain Library dialog and it also explains all the various settings.

ckim551
08-21-2012, 03:23 AM
Hi ckim551,

The current Mezzmo release (v2.6.7) is now getting the title metadata from within the video file. We have had reports from some users (including yourself) that non-English characters are getting corrupted. We are fixing this now. I'll update this thread when we have a fix ready.

When is new version coming out with this fix?

Paul
08-21-2012, 10:59 AM
We do have a patch available now for you to try. Several users have already tried it and reported it works well. Contact us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com if you wish to try it now - or you can wait until the next update that will be released to all registered users.

skurik
11-06-2012, 06:36 PM
Dear Paul,
Could you, please advice, what should I do if I don`t want to use meta data? I want to see just filenames
For example, I have a TV show that contains "TITLE" in metadata: just "TV SHOW", so now I see all 100 episodes on tv with a name "TV SHOW"

Paul
11-06-2012, 09:31 PM
Hi skurik,

Go to the Options dialog (Retrieving Metadata page) and click the Metadata Retrieval Settings button. This lets you turn on/off getting metadata for your videos, music and photos. This is also available in the Maintain Library dialog so you can adjust your metadata for your existing files in your Mezzmo library.