PDA

View Full Version : Playstation 3 + Mezzmo = Black Screen or Data Format Not Supported

StephanBotha
06-04-2012, 01:27 AM
Hi there

I used the trial for Mezzmo for about 2 months and then decided to purchase the software. Ironically, when I purchased it, I started to run into trouble.

I have 2 Playstation 3's in my LAN along with a Windows 7 Ultimate computer running the latest version of Mezzmo. Lately, (after the latest update I believe) whenever I click on some of the newer downloads, instead of the video playing, I am presented with a black screen. The play icon displays for a few seconds, then disappears. The PS3 doesn't hang, the server software doesn't stop working, but the video doesn't play at all. This happens on almost all my new videos.

I do not want Mezzmo to pre-transcode as I have over 4TB of video/images/music on my computer. They are all neatly organized and at no time do I have more than 30 files in a single folder.

Can someone please help me get my Mezzmo working again? I want it to transcode on the fly, not pre-transcode and I just want it to play like normal again.

I have a 1000mbps network, although the PS3 is only 100mbps. For fear of a bottleneck, I replaced my switch with a 100mbps switch so the entire network is on 100mbps (cable). The video files all play perfectly fine on my PC as well.

Paul
06-04-2012, 10:58 AM
We have also noticed this issue last week in our testing (due to changes in ffmpeg.exe) and have an updated PS3 device profile for all PS3 users. You can contact us now at support [at] conceiva [dot] com to get the patch, or it will also be included in the new Mezzmo release that will made available shortly to all Mezzmo users.