PDA

View Full Version : Full of problems ALL the new 2.x.x.x version

fits79
06-04-2012, 03:33 AM
As i see the new verison 2.x.x.x it has A LOT OF ERORRS AND PROBLEMS THAT CAUSE THE PC CRASH AND STUCK AND SOME OTHER PROBLEMS/BUGS/ERRORS....

WHY BEFORE YOU UPDATE THE PROGRAM YOU DON'T CHECK IF IT IS GOING WORK FINE LIKE 2.5.X.X EDITION....

THE 2.6.2.0 STILL HAS PROBLEMS...
http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/3145-When-the-mezzmo-2-6-1-0-starts-my-netbook-is-completely-stuck?p=15642#post15642

Paul
06-04-2012, 01:41 PM
Sorry for your problems, fits79. The majority of problems (crashes, etc.) have been fixed since the release of 2.6.0.0 a few weeks ago, and are included in the current release, v2.6.2.0. The vast majority of Mezzmo users are up and running now with the current version. We are preparing a new version v2.6.3.0 for release later this week. It has some new device support, several improvements and fixes for a few issues reported by users.

We will continue to help you get up and running. I have posted a response in your other thread. It's best if we keep your issues in that thread rather than creating more threads on the forum. You can also contact us directly via our support email address (support [at] conceiva [dot] com).

fits79
06-04-2012, 02:57 PM
Exactly the same thing you tell for the version 2.6.0.0 but as it proved YOU DIDN'T FIX ANYTHING AT ALL SO....

And it is BETTER to post HERE to see the people that the program HAS MAJOR PROBLEMS AND UNTIL WILL FIX ALL THESE PROBLEMS IT IS BEST TO NOT INSTALL IT AT ALL because it make any pc COMPLETELY STUCK so...

Paul
06-04-2012, 03:32 PM
As mentioned in your other thread, if you want to go back to v2.5.x, then email our support team and we will supply that to you.

fits79
06-04-2012, 03:36 PM
So this is the solution YOU SUGGEST???

To return to an older version of the program because newest versions has ERRORS/PROBLEMS/BUGS?

I am sorry to tell you that but THIS IS NOT ONE Serious ANSWER....

fits79
06-07-2012, 10:25 AM
Still Not any news

KGriff
06-08-2012, 03:42 PM
Exactly the same thing you tell for the version 2.6.0.0 but as it proved YOU DIDN'T FIX ANYTHING AT ALL SO....

And it is BETTER to post HERE to see the people that the program HAS MAJOR PROBLEMS AND UNTIL WILL FIX ALL THESE PROBLEMS IT IS BEST TO NOT INSTALL IT AT ALL because it make any pc COMPLETELY STUCK so...

Fits79, this posting is not strictly accurate, I have tried the latest version of mezzmo on two different windows pc’s and both boot fine, start mezzmo server and they all run without any problems at all.

The spec I have is windows 7 x64 enterprise edition with 3ghz quad core intel and 8 gig ram.
Also a windows 7 x64 ultimate edition with 2.66ghz intel core2 duo with 4 gig ram.

There are many others on this forum who also have mezzmo up and running ok so I suspect you either have a software issue or a hardware problem.

I would see if the older 2.5 version of mezzmo still works on your pc first of all. If it does not work then you will know you have a problem with the pc.

You have not stated what else you have starting up on your pc at boot time, it maybe a case that you need to run 'msconfig' or similar utility to turn off/uncheck some of the services or other program's that run at boot-time.

Note - Even my core2 duo pc does not meet the hardware requirements for the latest version of mezzmo so I have turned off other services and program's to help it along. You may need to do the same.

Hope that helps.

JohnM
06-08-2012, 06:02 PM
I also have not experienced any problems. I am using an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+ with 5GB Ram. What you might want to check out is what specific model of Atom processor your netbook uses. It is possible that it is one that does not support the full instruction set. It may have been affected by changes to Mezzmo or ffmpeg during the rebuild. I know that ffmpeg has changes that allow multi-core and hyperthreading to gain performance advances. It is almost a certainty that the Atom would not support those improvements.

Note: If that is the case my vote would be to drop support for the Atom and maintain support for the higher end.

fits79
06-08-2012, 06:45 PM
I DON'T tell that the program not running the first and some other times but after some runs suddenly stop to response something that the 2.5.5.0 DON'T DO and work fine.
And to my other topic i say that when the program make the netbook stuck it show that the files "mezzmo.exe & ffmpeg.exe" are use the cpu 100% and this is the cause of the stuck of pc.

You tell me that the program need a POWERFUL pc to do WHAT EXACTLY??? Just to send the files to the tv rhrou lan.....
ARE YOU SERIOUS??? AS already tallied I HAVE COMPLETELY DISABLE THE TRANS CODE FEATURE so the all powerful pc you tell is simply NOT TRUE....

And how the official samsung allshare manager, Tv mobili, TVersity WORKS FINE??? This program don't need powerful pc to SIMPLY SEND ANY FILES INTO THE TV????
THE ONLY DIFFERENCE HAS THE MEZZMO FROM OTHER DLNA PROGRAM IS THE ON THE FLY MTA FILES(CREATING CHAPTERS) SOMETHING THAT OTHERS(EXCEPT OFICIAL SAMSUNG PROGRAM) DON'T DO......

As you understand based on all the above the most common dlna program DOESN'T NEED ANY POWERFUL PC simply need to work fine and stable something that mezzmo DON'T DO.....

mezzmo@mvg.za.net
06-08-2012, 06:57 PM
As you understand based on all the above the most common dlna program DOESN'T NEED ANY POWERFUL PC simply need to work fine and stable something that mezzmo DON'T DO.....
Hi fits79

I too run Mezzmo perfectly well on my Dell Vostro 3550. I have had no hangs/crashes etc. Even the ones that the guys at Mezzmo have fixed due to reports did not affect me.

I think that this just shows both their commitment to the product and the fact that your problem may be very specific to your setup (or applications).

I really do not understand why you don't (as a start) take them up on the offer to send you Version 2.5.0 which you were happy with and take it from there?

Surely that would be more constructive and useful than shouting at them?

Good Luck.
Mark

fits79
06-08-2012, 07:10 PM
Because ALREADY have the 2.5.5.0 but this is not the problem but the problem is that every time i run it it ask me to update e.t.c.

And one more serious thing is that TO ANY PROGRAM CREATE NEWER VERSION/EDITION must works greater than the old one so......

THIS IS THE FACT AND NOT TO RUN TO MY PC THE 2.5.5.0

Hashybot
06-08-2012, 10:12 PM

Hi Fitz79

The issues that relate to you may not be shared by others. I am currently running 2.6.3 and have also used 2.5.X.X and all the versions after it. The only issue I had was due to a feature that 'I' forgot to enable (relating to the use of images). You also need to consider that we all use different programs and have different OS needs, therefor it can also be probable that on the odd occasion there will be conflicts with some random programs, however you can be assured the the Mezzmo team work very hard to ensure that the product is well tested. In addition, the Mezzmo team are continually striving to ensure that new hardware devices are supported and go out of their way to help every person with a query, this is supported via threads through the forum.

Finally, just as a side note and food for thought, sometimes its the way we approach a question that can reflect on the way it is answered. As already mentioned the product is working great for the majority of users, you need to consider some of the above points, as at times issues aren't always on the product end.

fits79
06-08-2012, 10:31 PM
It's fits AND NOT fitz.

And i don't know if there is only mine problem or general but i have tested the mezzmo 2.6.2.0 into 3 different pc's with the same results

Hashybot
06-08-2012, 11:16 PM
I'm not gonna beat around the bush with this response. I'm surprised if any of the staff would be bothered in responding to you given your approach to the matter fits (I guess the big issue here is I mistyped one letter rather than trying to give you a broader look). Instead of asking a question in a polite manner, you come on the forum with the attitude of because the program doesn't work for you then it is no good. Here's an idea, try approaching the staff with your issue in a more approachable fashion. Honestly, I don't respond often in this manner, but I'm fed up of people like yourself who seem to think that because a program doesn't work for them, it gives them a right to let loose and trash talk the very product others work hard on.

If this is inappropriate Admin just delete it, Ive said my bit.

fits79
06-08-2012, 11:25 PM
I am NOT the only person the program causes crass to the pc systems.
Look here:
http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/3145-When-the-mezzmo-2-6-1-0-starts-my-netbook-is-completely-stuck

And i am polite to anyone i don't thing that offense you or anyone else

mezzmo@mvg.za.net
06-08-2012, 11:43 PM
I am NOT the only person the program causes crass to the pc systems.
Look here:
http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/3145-When-the-mezzmo-2-6-1-0-starts-my-netbook-is-completely-stuck

And i am polite to anyone i don't thing that offense you or anyone else

I have to agree with Hashybot... The thread you list above is yours as well and as far as I can tell anyone else who had issues have had them resolved because they co-operated and followed the suggestions they were offered.

Have you tried the version released today? Have you checked whether it is the GUI or the server causing you a problem Have you tried the suggested 2.5.0 that you say works for you as a start? Just skip the offered update until you are sure?

I have had nothing but excellent assistance from all the guys at Mezzmo. They issues fixes faster than any other software company I have seen and even add small "nice to haves" when feasible.

Also something I have wanted to get off my chest for a while now.

Happy week-end to all.

fits79
06-08-2012, 11:58 PM
Yes the thread is mine but as you see in my thread i AM NOT THE ONLY ONE I HAVE PROBLEMS WITH MEZZMO 2.6.2.0 and the exact same problems so....

As i see everything i say you DON'T believe me and you thing i tell lies so i don't bother anymore to convince you i tell true.

And no i don't try any newest edition than 2.6.2.0 like 2.6.3.0 but i don't thing it would change anything....

Hashybot
06-09-2012, 12:32 AM
Yes the thread is mine but as you see in my thread i AM NOT THE ONLY ONE I HAVE PROBLEMS WITH MEZZMO 2.6.2.0 and the exact same problems so....

As i see everything i say you DON'T believe me and you thing i tell lies so i don't bother anymore to convince you i tell true.

And no i don't try any newest edition than 2.6.2.0 like 2.6.3.0 but i don't thing it would change anything....

Firstly Fits, no one questioned whether or not you are telling the truth, it is your attitude mate. Either you have very poor communication skills or you just don't understand the concept that when you approach people in a negative way they will be less likely to help you.

Below are just a couple of your responses that I picked from the thread you linked and are all directed at the Mezzmo staff in response to their help.

I thing that THIS is the support forum of the mezzmo program isn't it?

Negative sarcasm?

And my favourite...

HA HA HA HA....
THIS IS YOUR ANSWER??????

To buy another powerful computer BECAUSE YOUR PROGRAM WANT MORE CPU THAN CORE2DUO???

THIS IS A VERY RIDICULOUS ANSWER AND I DON'T EXCEPT THAT FROM YOU.....

Honestly, if you cant refrain from this sort of responding, I can only hope that the Mezzmo people will eventually have had enough of your type of responses and remove you from the forum all together. On the flip side of that there is always hope for people.

There are 90%+ of us here that are able to communicate with the Mezzmo staff in an appropriate manner, I don't see why the Mezzmo staff forum should be subjected to this sort of response when the rest of us try to adhere to a basic human communication standard.

Have a safe long weekend all. :)

fits79
06-09-2012, 12:39 AM
I answer like this because i tell to the mezzmo supporter team(paul) it act like it never read the post i do before his post.
It tell me that i need a super-computer to run correctly the mezzmo program and i answered that other dlna programs work fine to my netbook ONLY MEZZMO doesn't so witch is the conclusion??

So before you CRITICIZED read MORE CAREFULLY all the post...

I just don't continue this.

I try even the new 2.6.3.0 even with CLEAR installation(Delete even the folders

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Conceiva
C:\ProgramData\Conceiva

And the new fresh install of mezzmo DON'T even begin the "MezzmoSetService.exe" file because it bring a problem and if i do a restart it stuck all the system.

Hashybot
06-09-2012, 02:56 AM
However Paul did respond to your post numerous times in a helpful manner. You can put your spin of excuses on your behavior but at the end of the day there is no good reason that justifies the way you communicate with staff. Again this is not my forum so I can only voice my opinion but if it was my forum you would no longer be here. Given the patience that the Mezzmo staff have extended to you, they deserve a gold medal for just putting up with your behavior.

Its not enough that the Mezzmo team are working hard to answer all the questions and fix all of the queries from its valued customer base, in addition to working very hard on an excellent product, but despite all this you continue to behave in a poor manner.

Just for the record, I have read your posts, its how I found your quotes. Most of them are the same throughout, however I get the feeling you wont learn until this issue is sorted by forum staff.

fits79
06-09-2012, 06:56 AM
Alreadu tallied you why i answer to him like this.

Because it tells me that the mezzmo need the super power pc to work the same time that all other dlna program DON'T need the super power pc and do the exact same thing as the mezzmo except the on the fly chapters so....

I don't answer to you in other question with that subject.

JohnM
06-09-2012, 04:48 PM
I did do some checking. The ffmpeg (and libavcodec) did have a compile switch written in to support the Atom processor. I do not know if it was just for performance optimization or to fix some other problem. But, I can pretty much guess that when mezzmo was compiled they did not use that switch. So, if you have an earlier version that did work for you than copy the ffmpeg to another directory. Install the new version and copy the old ffmpeg into the folder. (Or just open the transcoding settings and change the ffmpeg install folder.)

A couple of things that might help. Do not add all of your media files when you install the new version. Just add 1 or two files and see if it completes. As Paul said one of the things they use ffmpeg for is adding the pics. If you install clean it will need to do all of them again. Once you get the process to complete it may never need to do it again. So if it completes with the 1-2 files then it should eventually complete with the rest of them. But if it is at 100% cpu it may take a long time. Please wait for it to finish.

fits79
06-09-2012, 04:58 PM
How you did that? How did you see that there is a switch at the latest ffmpeg codec that it is for intel atom cpu?

For these things you tell i suppose that maybe it is the reason of fault to my sony vaio netbook with intel atom cpu so MAYBE at the next edition of mezzmo and MAYBE the problem solved.

So THIS POST must goes to developments of the program so would ad this switch to next edition of the mezzmo and hope to fix the problems with intel atom cpu and with mine netbook....

So with little words you tell me i take the ffmpeg.exe file from the 2.5.5.0 edition and put it at the 2.6.3.0 edition until the developments of the program add this switch you tell at the next mezzmo release?

I STRONGLY WANT TO BELIEVE THAT THIS IS THE FAULT OF ALL NETBOOK STUCK AND NOT THE NEEDING OF POWERFUL PC SYSTEM THAT PAUL SAID.

JohnM
06-10-2012, 05:05 AM
Well the way I found out was to google the term "ffmpeg and atom". Be aware that the term atom is also a programing term that does not have anything to do with the processor. You have to sort through the results to get anything worthwhile. But this thread was interesting. http://doom10.org/index.php?topic=2008.0

Now I do not think that the will use that switch automatically as it may hurt the performance for people that do not need it. But they might be convinced to create a copy that can be installed if you need it. But even if they do not, remember that it is possible for you to download and build ffmpeg if you wish. (There are probably already compiled versions available for download if you look.)

In answer to your question, yes replace the 2.6.3.0 version of ffmpeg with the 2.5.5.0 version if it was working. I would NOT just copy it into the folder for Mezzmo, copy it into a folder like c:\workingffmpeg than when you update Mezzmo it will not overwrite it with a new version. You would just need to change the ffmpeg folder in the transcoding setting tab.

BeFi
06-10-2012, 05:36 AM
Fits79,

Instead of bullying the helpful Mezzo staff I suggest you rethink your strategy of evaluating software. You can't expect to analyze problems by installing (and likely de-installing) ten different DLNA products just to find out which one supports FFWD. Randomly installing / de-installing software is the recipe for desaster. The only way to do such testing is image-backups of your system partition and restores after each test.

I have upgraded from Mezzmo 2.5 to 2.6.3. just yesterday and 2.6.3. is as rock-stable as 2.5. and all previous versions were. I am using Mezzmo to stream to three different TV's including Samsung C and D series. Chaptering on Samsung C works beautifully. The helpful Conceiva staff - especially Paul - has made Samsung chaptering possible to an extend even Samsung didn't achieve. Whenever something in my installation wasn't working they found out and it was never Mezzmo that failed but stupid-me.

Allow a final comment: Dumping your frustration on the Conceiva staff under different user-ids is consuming capacity that other users need to get real problems addressed. I.o.w. you are a nuisance to an otherwise unparalleled user community.

Bernhard

fits79
07-11-2012, 09:44 AM
As i see the program still HAS PROBLEMS and the worst thing is that it is increased AND NOT REDUCED as it is normal to this happening with newer versions of the program.

So paul and other development team of THIS PROGRAM PLEASE SEARCH ANOTHER WAY TO MEZZMO WORK AND NOT THIS PATHETIC METHOD YOU ARE USING SINCE THE BEGINNING OF THE PROGRAM.

As you see don't reach anywhere these methods....
Only worse do the things for mezzmo AND NOT GOOD....