PDA

View Full Version : Auto-generated Active Playlists not useful

markshu
06-07-2012, 03:31 PM
Is there any way to change the default behaviour of the Active Playlists generated by Mezzmo without having to delete them all and recreate each one individually using Smart Playlists?

Example: Active Playlist - Artist. Okay, the first thing is to delete the Genre subtag so I get a single-level sort. Easy enough. However, I can't find a setting which would force the playlist to list sort by Artist instead of by Artist(s).

For instance, take the two music video files:

Piano Man (Title)

Billy Joel (Artist)

Baby Grand (Title)

Billy Joel (Artist)
Ray Charles (Artist)

What I would expect for an Artist active playlist would be:

Billy Joel

Baby Grand
Piano Man

Ray Charles

Baby Grand

What I actually get is something not very user friendly:

Billy Joel

Piano Man

Billy Joel/Ray Charles

Baby Grand

So - is there any way of getting the Active Playlists to behave like the first example without having to discard them entirely?

Paul
06-08-2012, 10:38 AM
When the current version of Mezzmo (v2.6.2) finds multiple artists in metadata, then it groups them into a comma separated group of artists (e.g. "Billy Joel" and "Ray Charles" -> "Billy Joel, Ray Charles"). We understand this is not ideal so we will add support for multiple (separated) artists (and genres, directors, etc.) into a future version of Mezzmo so it allows for better organization and navigation.

For the moment, if you have many files with multiple artists, I guess you can use smart playlists (with a rule like "Artist" "contains" "Bill Joel") to locate them quickly.

cresc
01-08-2013, 08:03 AM
Any plans for this to be implemented? I think it would be really useful to have a tick box that makes unique individual playlists as above would be really useful across all things. I.E for Genre, Actors etc.

Paul
01-08-2013, 10:07 AM
Yes - we certainly do have plans to improve this. Once Mezzmo v3.0 is released this month, then we can start on new features such as this.