PDA

View Full Version : Organizing playlists

sultan
06-14-2012, 06:32 PM
Is it possible to group playlists in folders? I need many playlists and so I always have to scroll. It would be very nice to have only a few folders in the main list (under "Music" or "Video") and put the playlists into the folders.

Paul
06-14-2012, 07:30 PM
You can create as many nested playlists as you like. You just need to set the location for the playlist when you create it. For example:

Music

Playlist 1

Playlist 2

Playlist 3
Playlist 4
Playlist 5
Video
Photos

If you have already created a playlist, then you can drag/drop it in the tree in Mezzmo onto another playlist to move it under that playlist. (You cannot move playlists under folders since folders are just direct representations of a folder on your harddisk.)

Let us know if you need more help.

sultan
06-15-2012, 12:40 AM
Ok, I think I need something special. I want to filter all of my music files with Smart Playlists and the use Active Playlists on the filtered set. For example:

Music
<TAB>Smart Playlist (filters music in a specific folder)
<TAB><TAB>Active Playlist (Artist/Album)
<TAB><TAB>Active Playlist (Genre)

This doesn't seem to work. If I put the Active Playlist under the Smart Playlist, it still uses all the files not only the ones from the Smart Playlist.

(How do You insert tabs?)

Paul
06-15-2012, 09:52 AM
Understand. The current version of Mezzmo does not yet filter on the results of the parent playlist. We have this planned for a future release.

(To insert tabs, go to Advanced mode and click the Indent button)

sultan
03-30-2013, 04:45 AM
Is this feature available in Mezzmo 3.1?

Paul
03-30-2013, 09:16 AM
Is this feature available in Mezzmo 3.1?

No - filtering on parent playlists is not in Mezzmo v3.1. We do still have this planned for a future release.

ifflanb
04-17-2013, 10:15 AM
I would like to be able to create a playlist of folders
e.g. I have a folder called 'Kids' that contains all of the kids movies
Under 'Kids' are lots of other folders. What I want is to be able to have a Rolodex style playlist that will jump me to the folders.
Is this possible?
thanks

Paul
04-17-2013, 11:04 AM
You can easily add a folder into your Mezzmo library and Mezzmo will list all files and sub-folders so you can browse & play them on your devices.

Try this:

Click on Videos in the tree in Mezzmo
Click 'Add To Library' -> 'Add Folder'
Select your Kids folder form your harddisk or NAS drive.
If you just want to see videos from this folder & sub-folders, then click 'Presets' next to 'File filter' and select 'Videos'.
Click OK and you now have a folder called Kids under Videos that will list all the videos and sub-folders for you to browse and play on your devices.