PDA

View Full Version : Playing VOB files in sequence

bene
06-16-2012, 02:58 AM
This probably has been answered before but I couldn't search anything about it. I just a new user so here it is:

When you ripped a DVD it creates VOB files in sequence VTS_01.VOB, VTS_02.VOB etc. There is no problem playing each of them but is there a way to play them continously using playlist? Has this been addressed before - thanks in advance.

JohnM
06-16-2012, 01:04 PM
If you have them in a playlist it will play them sequentially. However you will notice a pause between them. What I do is use a tool to create a single vob file from a rip (slysoft.com clonedvdmobile). However it is possible to concatenate them yourself with the dos command copy \b VTS_01.VOB+VTS_02.VOB+... moviename.vob
You can open a command window to do that in. Start->Run cmd
cd \folderwherethefilesare
exit to close the window

the \b is important as it tells windows to copy a binary file so if it sees a ctrl+z character it is not the end of the file. But you will find it easier to use clonedvdmobile.

bene
06-20-2012, 12:46 AM
Thanks johnM - will look into that.

nilesf
06-20-2012, 02:07 AM
I use VOBMerge to build a single MPEG File. VOB files are technically MPEG files. If you rename the VOB file to MPEG it will play without conversion. Google VOBMerge 2.55

Niles