PDA

View Full Version : Looks like it is time to

JohnM
06-21-2012, 04:56 AM
Enable the vBulletin 4.2.0 anti-spam features. From what I understand they are not very intrusive.

mezzmo@mvg.za.net
06-21-2012, 04:59 AM
Must agree... The SPAM is becoming more intrusive...

Paul
06-21-2012, 08:12 AM
Agree - it's getting more annoying each week (for you when browsing the forum and for us to maintain the forum). We've already applied several vBulletin settings to reduce the spam, but we'll look into tightening it up further.

JohnM
06-25-2012, 12:46 PM
Maybe you should consider adding a few volunteer moderators. Their power should extend only to allow them to move a post to an admin only forum. That way all of the posts would be preserved for you to look at and take action against (if necessary) while keeping the basic forums free of objectionable content. Of course you would need to carefully explain what was ok to move i.e. spam. While all other content must be left intact. For instance I know several people got upset about how some of the messages read. That would not be grounds for removal.

Anyway give some thought to it.
John

Paul
06-25-2012, 01:43 PM
Sounds a good idea, John. Thanks for the suggestion.

Hashybot
06-27-2012, 06:03 PM
If you need a hand Paul let me know, both the missus and I can help Moderate and have done on other forums. This community is too good to spam. :)

Paul
06-28-2012, 12:34 PM
Many thanks for the offer, Hashybot.