PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions

MetZ
02-01-2008, 07:29 AM
First off, Mezzmo have potential, however, some important functions (for my usage) are not working correctly, or not included..

I have made a list of suggestions for future releases of Mezzmo:

Possibility to add video/music/radio streams (mms, http and so on)
Watch folder playlist malfunctions all the time when adding more content to folders, need for reinstall have happened a couple of times now.
Possibility to add folder to look in for all playlists (with refresh button for that playlist only)
The scan computer function takes to long when it have to search all media (large musc/video collections) each time new content is added (can not use watch folders properly).
Tags
Coverart retrieval on video files (imdb)

Back to my previous post "Love Mezzmo", I told you guys that this program is perfect, but some more stability, and functions are still needed for it to be perfect ;)

Keep up the good work!

;)

Paul
02-01-2008, 08:41 AM
Thank you for the suggestions - greatly appreciated!

Some of those are already scheduled for next few updates.

I'm not sure I fully understand the 3rd point, can you please tell me more about what you wish to see? Is it a playlist that has all other playlists in it?

Please keep on providing us with feedback and ideas - it's really helpful! We are constantly working on improving and enriching Mezzmo.

Thank you!

Dennis

MetZ
02-03-2008, 06:22 AM
Hi again..

I mean somekind of possibility for a folder structure, with refresh function on each folder..
ex: Movies => Thriller (pointing to d:/movies/thriller)
Movies => Action

With a refresh function/button for the Thriller folder when new content are added to that folder (movies/thriller). and the same for action..

I guess this was the idea with the watched folder list, but I can't get that to work properly.. Mezzmo have crashed a couple of times, and "no content" is displayed in my PS3, but on the computer in Mezzmo, they display fine with new content refreshed.. I have had to reinstall Mezzmo two or three times now because of this..

Was that clearer?

-Tom-

Paul
02-04-2008, 08:26 AM
Yes, thank you. I agree that it's a watch folder. We did find an issue that occurs with some file names that could cause problems you describe and it's being fixed for the next update, so hopefully they will work correctly for you after that.

I'm not sure why you'd need to reinstall Mezzmo though - it doesn't start after those crashes?

MetZ
02-05-2008, 11:30 AM
No.. HAve tried to restart the mediaserver, restart the computer with no luck.
Playlsits are updated in Mezzmo fine, but on my PS3, it says No Content when Video => Mezzmo Mediaserver

Tried restarting PS3, rescanning mediaserver..

Only thing that worked was reinstall of Mezzmo..

-Tom-

Paul
02-12-2008, 09:18 AM
No.. HAve tried to restart the mediaserver, restart the computer with no luck.
Playlsits are updated in Mezzmo fine, but on my PS3, it says No Content when Video => Mezzmo Mediaserver

Tried restarting PS3, rescanning mediaserver..

Only thing that worked was reinstall of Mezzmo..

-Tom-
Hi Tom,

Can you please confirm if this problem has been resolved with the latest test version of the server?

Thank you.

Dennis

MetZ
02-12-2008, 06:51 PM
Mezzmo have been running smoothly for a while now with the latest mediaserver.exe, and looks like this problem has been resolved.. ;) I will tell you if any more problems...

-Tom-

Paul
02-12-2008, 10:15 PM
Mezzmo have been running smoothly for a while now with the latest mediaserver.exe, and looks like this problem has been resolved.. ;) I will tell you if any more problems...

-Tom-

Thank you Tom,

I'm always glad to receive feedback and will do my best to get things fixed up :)

Best regards,

Dennis

Xavier
03-26-2008, 07:46 AM
Hi there

As Metz said earlier... -"Possibility to add video/music/radio streams (mms, http and so on)" would be really great. I would be cool if I could watch clips from YouTube and sites like that via RSS...

And I agree with Metz that the "Watch Folder" playlist isint that quick.
When one use the "Watch Folder" playlist, the playlist should be updated as soon as new content is put in the folder.

A cool thing would be to be able to run Mezzmo as a service or to have the choice to hide the systray icon.

I dont know if this i possible, but to sort the files, folders, playlists etc by date, size, name etc in Mezzmo and then have the PS3 sorting it the same way. If you know what I mean.

Then a big one.
Transcoding. To transcode movies and stuff, but only when it´s needed.
I wanna be able to see HD movies from my PC on my TV via the PS3.
.mkv, .img files etc...

Thats all for now.

Oh, yeah, did I forget to mention that Mezzmo is by far the best program I´we used for streaming to my PS3, and I have tried most of them.

Thank you!!

Paul
03-26-2008, 08:25 AM
Hello,

Thank you for the suggestions! They're all very good and I'll go through them one by one.

Hi there

As Metz said earlier... -"Possibility to add video/music/radio streams (mms, http and so on)" would be really great. I would be cool if I could watch clips from YouTube and sites like that via RSS...

Yes, we'll be adding that in soon.

And I agree with Metz that the "Watch Folder" playlist isint that quick.
When one use the "Watch Folder" playlist, the playlist should be updated as soon as new content is put in the folder.

The playlist should actually be updated as soon as you browse to it again on your PS3 or other media client. We cannot force a refresh on a client device (since we don't control the device - we deliver what the devices requests from us). Also, some devices cache folders, which is again something we cannot change, unfortunately.

A cool thing would be to be able to run Mezzmo as a service or to have the choice to hide the systray icon.

Mezzmo media server is actually a service, so you don't need Mezzmo running to share your media. You can use Mezzmo to organize your files and then you can close it and the server will still be running.

I dont know if this i possible, but to sort the files, folders, playlists etc by date, size, name etc in Mezzmo and then have the PS3 sorting it the same way. If you know what I mean.

Normally a device will tell us the way to sort items, but some devices (including the PS3) don't do that. So we will change the way we deliver contents to such devices and apply a default sort order to items.

Then a big one.
Transcoding. To transcode movies and stuff, but only when it´s needed.
I wanna be able to see HD movies from my PC on my TV via the PS3.
.mkv, .img files etc...

We are working on that right now and we will include transcoding in the next update.

Thats all for now.

Oh, yeah, did I forget to mention that Mezzmo is by far the best program I´we used for streaming to my PS3, and I have tried most of them.

Thank you!!
And thank you! Together we can make Mezzmo even better :)

Dennis

Xavier
03-26-2008, 08:45 AM
Happy happy, Joy Joy! :)
Thats good news. Do you guys have a RSS or a newsletter? (so I can be notified when a new version comes out)

Cheers

Btw.
My fav feauture with Mezzmo (other then it works great) is that i can controll the Hierarchy of folders, files and stuff. I always wanna be able to have things the way I want them to, no compromise.
Great job!

Paul
03-26-2008, 08:55 AM
Happy happy, Joy Joy! :)
Thats good news. Do you guys have a RSS or a newsletter? (so I can be notified when a new version comes out)

Cheers

Btw.
My fav feauture with Mezzmo (other then it works great) is that i can controll the Hierarchy of folders, files and stuff. I always wanna be able to have things the way I want them to, no compromise.
Great job!
Glad to make you happy! :)

Mezzmo does have an auto-update built-in, so you'll see it come up when a new version is released, or you can subscribe to this forum: http://forum.conceiva.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18 and when the latest version is released I'll post a message there and you'll get an e-mail notification about that.

Dennis

Xavier
03-26-2008, 07:22 PM
Allrighty then. Thank you!

One thing.
With the release of firmware 2.20 (which I just downloaded) for the ps3, the streaming has become differcult to run smoothly. It´s like watching a youtube clip that isint fully loaded.

This is also true with WMP11 (which I used before Mezzmo) so it´s probably not your fault. Anyhoo, just thought you should know.

Paul
03-27-2008, 08:19 AM
Allrighty then. Thank you!

One thing.
With the release of firmware 2.20 (which I just downloaded) for the ps3, the streaming has become differcult to run smoothly. It´s like watching a youtube clip that isint fully loaded.

This is also true with WMP11 (which I used before Mezzmo) so it´s probably not your fault. Anyhoo, just thought you should know.

Thank you for bringing that up as well - we've got a PS3 here in the office (along with other hardware), so we'll be sure to test it with the latest firmware.

Xavier
04-05-2008, 08:48 PM
How about support for .m3u winamp playlists...?

Paul
04-07-2008, 08:52 AM
How about support for .m3u winamp playlists...?

We actually already support .m3u Winamp playlists in 2 ways - you can import them into Mezzmo or you can create a "Linked playlist".

If you had something else in mind, please do tell me ;)

Dennis

Xavier
04-07-2008, 09:06 AM
Aha, allright. Did not know that. Shall give it a try.

My idea was that I could create a "Whatch folder playlist" that scanned a folder on my pc where I had all of my m3u playlists...

tnx

Paul
04-07-2008, 09:15 AM
Aha, allright. Did not know that. Shall give it a try.

My idea was that I could create a "Whatch folder playlist" that scanned a folder on my pc where I had all of my m3u playlists...

tnx

Do you have a certain set of m3u playlists that you edit or do you create new ones often? If it's a limited set of files, then you can use the Linked playlist and the contents will be read dynamically each time you access them (so your changes in Winamp will be picked up).

Xavier
04-07-2008, 05:42 PM
Well, I create new ones a couple of times a month. But I guess i could add them manually in Mezzmo.

Thanks

Xavier
04-07-2008, 11:21 PM
Found a problem.

I cant get the linked playlist to work. When I make a linked playlist (linking a .m3u playlist) mezzmo lists the songs in mezzmo but not on my ps3. and when I try to play the songs in mezzmo they wont play.

Either the song just dont play, or i get e pop-up saying "Mezzmo can not play the file. The file may be corrupt or a format or a codec that is not supported by mezzmo."

The files are ordinary mp3´s whith no drm protection.

The physical path for the songs are like this:
E:\FTP\Music\Full Albums\Artist - Album\Artist - Song.mp3

The physical path for the playlist are:
E:\FTP\Music\Playlists\Artist.m3u

The path in the .m3u playlist are:
#EXTINF:328,Artist - Song
\FTP\Music\Full Albums\Artist - Album\Artist - Song.mp3

When I get the pop-up saying i cant play the file a path appears in the box in the bottom of mezzmo where it says:
e:\music\playlists\\ftp\music\full albums\artist - album\artist - song.mp3

I´m running vista 64 sp1

Am I doing something wrong or is it a bug?
thanks

Paul
04-08-2008, 09:06 AM
Found a problem.

I cant get the linked playlist to work. When I make a linked playlist (linking a .m3u playlist) mezzmo lists the songs in mezzmo but not on my ps3. and when I try to play the songs in mezzmo they wont play.

Either the song just dont play, or i get e pop-up saying "Mezzmo can not play the file. The file may be corrupt or a format or a codec that is not supported by mezzmo."

The files are ordinary mp3´s whith no drm protection.

The physical path for the songs are like this:
E:\FTP\Music\Full Albums\Artist - Album\Artist - Song.mp3

The physical path for the playlist are:
E:\FTP\Music\Playlists\Artist.m3u

The path in the .m3u playlist are:
#EXTINF:328,Artist - Song
\FTP\Music\Full Albums\Artist - Album\Artist - Song.mp3

When I get the pop-up saying i cant play the file a path appears in the box in the bottom of mezzmo where it says:
e:\music\playlists\\ftp\music\full albums\artist - album\artist - song.mp3

I´m running vista 64 sp1

Am I doing something wrong or is it a bug?
thanks

We will investigate and I'll post back here once I have an answer for you.

Thanks for reporting this!

Dennis

Paul
04-08-2008, 10:05 AM
Ok, I've confirmed this to be a bug with certain M3U lists and there'll be a fix available with the next update. If you wish, I can send you a pre-release version with this bug fixed (please contact me via PM if you wish to).

Thanks!

Dennis

Xavier
04-09-2008, 01:13 AM
Hi again.
Theres really no hurry, I´m just glad I did nothing wrong.
Glad to help you find those nasty bugs. :)

btw, whats the timeframe for the next release?

Paul
04-09-2008, 08:29 AM
Hi again.
Theres really no hurry, I´m just glad I did nothing wrong.
Glad to help you find those nasty bugs. :)

btw, whats the timeframe for the next release?
One of the major features of the next release is transcoding, which is being implemented and tested now (and it's a big feature to implement). There's no official timeframe at the moment, but roughly I'd say 2-3 weeks.

Thanks for helping with the bugs! ;)

Xavier
04-09-2008, 06:18 PM
allright, thats cool. I´m looking forward to the next update.
tnx

Xavier
05-05-2008, 03:14 AM
If I turn of the built-in firewall in Vista, mezzmo works awsome.
If I don´t turn it of, errors occour pretty often. The ps3 says it´s http errors, dns problems and so on. It´s pretty much impossible to fastforward the videoclips without having the videoclip shut down...

Maybe something you guys should look into?

vista sucks, mezzmo rules

Paul
05-05-2008, 08:29 AM
If I turn of the built-in firewall in Vista, mezzmo works awsome.
If I don´t turn it of, errors occour pretty often. The ps3 says it´s http errors, dns problems and so on. It´s pretty much impossible to fastforward the videoclips without having the videoclip shut down...

Maybe something you guys should look into?

Thanks for bringing that up - there are quite a few changes to the server that have been implemented and are being tested now, so hopefully those firewall problems won't be an issue with the new version, because it will work a little bit differently to the current version in how it delivers contents to clients.

vista sucks, mezzmo rules
Thank you! :D

Xavier
05-05-2008, 09:05 AM
best news ever!
been tearing my hair out figuring out how to run mezzmo smoothly AND using the vista firewall at the same time...

happy coding :)

Paul
12-15-2009, 05:42 PM
Mezzmo v2.1 is now available! Please try it and see if it works better for you now. We think it should.

More information at: http://www.mezzmo.com

Direct download link: http://www.conceiva.com/downloads/mezzmo-setup.exe