PDA

View Full Version : Failed to connect to device

zazazi
06-25-2012, 11:46 PM
Hello

I've been using mezzmo for a few months now on my LG tv without any problems at all until 2 days ago. Now I just can't get it to work. It's still there on DLNA Smart Share list but when I try to connect I get the following message: failed to connect to device. Check the device connection. Try agin.
I also use Plex and it is working well.
Please advice
Thanks a lot

Paul
06-26-2012, 09:32 AM
This can sometimes occur when you apply updates to Windows or other software on your computer (e.g. firewall or system protection) or even firmware updates to your router. Something on your computer or home network is blocking Mezzmo and your TV from communicating. First step, go to the Media Server Settings dialog in Mezzmo and click the Configure Windows Firewall button if it is enabled. Also, check your firewall software or system protection software to make sure that Mezzmo server (MezzmoMediaServer.exe) is not being blocked or that ports that Mezzmo server uses are not being blocked (i.e. ports 2869, 1900 and the port listed in the Media Server Settings dialog). If that is no help, then turn off your computer's firewall and system protection software as a test to see if Mezzmo server and your TV work now. If they do, then you know the problem is related to your firewall or system protection software. If still not working, check your router's settings - turn off any UPnP or filtering settings in the router. Reboot your router to make sure it is not confused in anyway.

We also have a good checklist for connection problems - http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/1183-FAQ-Cannot-see-Mezzmo-on-your-DLNA-device. Please work through these and see if any help. Let us know how you go.

zazazi
06-26-2012, 08:03 PM
I started by rebooting my router and this did the trick. Back to business.
Thanks Paul

Paul
06-27-2012, 08:56 AM
Good to hear you are up and running again. Thanks for letting us know the cause of the problem.