PDA

View Full Version : subfolders don't show up

btex99
06-26-2012, 03:05 AM
I am trying Mezzmo for the first time.
I have a folder on my NAS (Drobo FS) named "tv". Under it are many subfolders named after tv shows, which in turn contain the video files for each show. I have added the parent folder "tv" to the library, ensuring that the add subfolders box is checked.
In the Mezzmo application on the PC I see all the subfolders. However, when I go to the TV (Samsung D6300) and look under "Folders", I see only "tv". When I open it, none of the subfolders appear. If I look in the "All Video Files" folder I see all the various files, but they have been removed from their individual subfolders and are all jumbled together. Not very useful.

The Install FAQ seems to say that I should be able to see my folder/subfolder structure on the TV. What's wrong?

Paul
06-26-2012, 10:22 AM
The most common problem with NAS drives is a permissions problem. Can you please check that you have Guest/anonymous accounts enabled on your NAS? Also, try creating a user with the same credentials (username/password) as your Windows login (the same as what you used to register Mezzmo server) and give that user permissions to all folders on the NAS. Let us know if you need further help.

btex99
06-26-2012, 07:25 PM
Anonymous users were already allowed, so I created a user with the windows credentials. Still no subfolders visible. Incidentally I have good confidence that the both the anonymous account and the new account are working, because I can connect to the NAS from my Linux machine using either no credentials at all or the windows username/password.

Paul
06-27-2012, 09:59 AM
Can you send us a set of logs and we'll take a look what may be happening. Turn on logging in Mezzmo (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Connect to Mezzmo server using your TV and try to browse the folders on your NAS. When you do not see sub-folders, stop your Mezzmo server and zip up the logs and send them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.