PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo v2.6.3. Some advice please.

Colin
06-29-2012, 05:35 PM
Hi, one thing that I've noticed with this version of Mezzmo is that it seems a lot slower than v2.5 when makung updates to files. It also seems to demand a large amount of processing power even when it is not doing anything. My computer is not state of the art but didn't have a problem with v2.5. I am running

AMD Athlon 64 *2 Dual core Processor 6000+
2 GB ram
Windows 7 Ultimate

As soon as I open Mezzmo and its sitting there as an open process it is consuming between 30% - 50% of my processor.

One thing I have noticed is that there is a permanent message in the Status box of the Mezzmo GUI that says "System Task Processing Active Playlists: 14,721 files remaining" Is this normal? or is Mezzmo locked in some sort of loop and that's why it's slow and using so much processor? Thanks. Colin

mezzmo@mvg.za.net
06-29-2012, 05:45 PM
Hi.

Sounds like Mezzmo is doing some Library Maintenance which has not completed, I seem to recall something about a library change between 2.5 and 2.6.3, so maybe that is why.

There were also reports that after the maintenance was complete performance returned to normal...

I am sure Paul will respond soon too with more authoritative advise.

Cheers
mark

Colin
06-29-2012, 05:53 PM
Thanks for the reply Mark. I'm sure Paul will respond, he's normally pretty quick and helpful too. I suspect that something on my system is stopping the precess completing as the message has been there since Day 1 of upgrading to v2.6.3 and that is some time ago. cheers Colin

mezzmo@mvg.za.net
06-29-2012, 06:00 PM
Hi Colin

You can right click on the task and cancel it. See it that helps maybe?

Mark

Peter
06-30-2012, 05:26 PM
Hi Colin,
If you could enable diagnostic logging http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging then restart the Mezzmo application and after the problem occurs send the logs to support [at] conceiva [dot] com and this will tell us why the active playlists are not being processed.

You can delete the MezzmoActivePlaylists.db file after stopping your Mezzmo media server and exiting Mezzmo and this will clear the system task from the status pane. This file is located in C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Conceiva\Mezzmo (on Windows XP where <username> is your username) and C:\Users\<username>\appdata\Conceiva\Mezzmo (on Windows 7 and Vista where <username> is your username). Run Mezzmo again after deleting the file and start your Mezzmo media server, the System task for processing active playlists should be gone.