PDA

View Full Version : Slow to load folder contents

moskie
07-05-2012, 05:04 AM
Testing meezmo. I am finding it very slow to load folder contents. I lowered device setting from gb to 100mb and not helping. Is there a best settings faq for xbox. using netgear powerline for the house.

Paul
07-05-2012, 12:26 PM
Firstly, make sure you are running the latest version of Mezzmo (v2.6.3). The device setting for Connection (Gigabit, 100MB, Wireless, etc.) really only takes effect when transcoding files, and not when listing playlists or folders.

A folder may be slow to display on your Xbox 360 device for several reasons. One reason may be that if there are many 1000's of files in the folder then your Xbox may take a while to retrieve the listing of all files and also get the artwork thumbnails as well. If you try a small folder of files, is it better? Another reason could be that your home network is either a little slow, or is congested with traffic from other sources (e.g. downloading from internet at the same time as streaming), or it does not have a stable, consistent bandwidth. In our experience, Powerline can sometimes not have a constant, stable bandwidth (can be a 'peaky') so this could explain your slow loading. Perhaps try using Ethernet cables as a test to see if that is the culprit. Also, you can use Windows Task Manager (press Ctrl+Alt+Del on your computer to display Task Manager) to observe the networking performance (go to the Networking tab). This may give you some hints if there are any bottlenecks on your home network.

moskie
07-06-2012, 10:32 AM
I made thumbnail the smallest possible as I dont need them. I did see in a thread that you are working on making thumbnails an option which would be great.

Paul
07-06-2012, 10:44 AM
I made thumbnail the smallest possible as I dont need them. I did see in a thread that you are working on making thumbnails an option which would be great.

Did this help you browse the folder? If not, then send us a set of logs when you browse a folder. I have explained how to do this in your other thread (http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/3535-Folder-question).