PDA

View Full Version : Library forcing alphabetical order.

Hashybot
07-07-2012, 03:07 AM
Hey Paul

Ive just noticed in 2.6.4 that now it forces the library into alphabetical order, instead of allowing to have the folders in any order you want. I was wondering if there is any way around this apart from having to go back a version. I'm used to my Library being displayed a particular way, with most used folders being displayed on my WDTV Hub first. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Hashy

Paul
07-09-2012, 03:57 PM
Hi Hashy,

Thanks for reporting this. Can you send us a set of logs so we can see what you mean? Please turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Connect to Mezzmo using your WD TV Hub and reproduce the order problem you mention. Then stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs and send them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

Hashybot
07-09-2012, 05:04 PM
Ive added a screenshot for you Paul to show you.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg27/scaled.php?server=27&filename=mezzmo2.jpg&res=landing

You see where the Library has all the folders underneath. Well although in the screenshot you see they are in alphabetical order, in 2.6.3 when I would add them, they would appear on the WDTV Hub in the order I originally added them (so not alphabetically), this was the case for all the previous versions also, but now they show the same as they show in that screenshot.

I don't mind them showing alphabetically in the Mezzmo program, but on the Hub I want them to appear in the order I added them. :) So at the moment I imaged back to where 2.6.3 was set up.

ScanRite
07-10-2012, 03:47 AM
I renamed my to:
1. Kid Movies
2. All Movies
3. Home Videos
4. TV Shows
etc. to force them in the order I want. :)

Duane

Hashybot
07-10-2012, 05:19 AM
Thanks for the idea ScanRite, however I'm hoping Paul can fix it so we can have it like in 2.6.3 where they would be ordered by the way they are added. Good idea though. :)

If all else fails I will implement your idea.

Paul
07-10-2012, 09:53 AM
Hi Hashy,

Thanks for the screenshot. Understand now. We'll replicate this here to confirm the problem and post back here with any fixes, etc.

Hashybot
07-11-2012, 05:46 PM
Just checking to see if there are any updates Paul. Let me know in this thread if there is. :)

Thanks again
Hashy

Paul
07-11-2012, 06:01 PM
Will do, Hashy. We should get onto it tomorrow. I'll post back with any results/fixes.

Hashybot
07-13-2012, 06:38 PM
Hey Paul I seen the new update but wasn't sure if the list order was fixed. Im happy to stay at 2.6.3 for now until it is. If it has been fixed I will update. :)

Thanks again.

Paul
07-13-2012, 09:49 PM
Sorry, Hashy. We did not get time to include the fix in this update - but we will get to it early next week. I'll post back when we have something for you to test.

Paul
07-18-2012, 01:43 PM
Hi Hashybot,

We're looking into this issue at the moment, but we cannot replicate the un-sorted list with Mezzmo v2.6.3 as you have. When we view the folders on our WD TV Live Hub, they are always sorted alphabetically. So, it's best we see a set of logs for your Mezzmo library with Mezzmo v2.6.3. Please turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and connect to Mezzmo using your WD TV Live Hub. When you see your folders appear in the right (non-alpha sorted) order, stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up the logs and send them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

Hashybot
07-18-2012, 05:31 PM
Hey Paul

I have sent the logs and a screenshot that I have taken from my TV to show that the order I have is non alphabetical.

I also have a suggestion. Because I have been upgrading from around 2.5.0, its possible that the issue might be that because you are installing 2.6.3 from scratch, where I have been upgrading everytime. Just a thought. :)

Paul
07-19-2012, 10:47 AM
Thanks, Hashybot - got your logs and will try your suggestion as well.

Paul
07-19-2012, 12:14 PM
Hi Hashybot,

I can confirm that the current release (Mezzmo v2.6.5) does not sort the top level tree when delivered to your DLNA devices. I have tested with a WD TV live just now. Note: Folders and playlists under the top level tree are sorted though (this has been the case for many Mezzmo versions). Please upgrade and let us know how it goes. We have also sent an email to you with a patch that you should also apply to fix a few unrelated issues that you may or may not encounter after upgrading to Mezzmo v2.6.5.

Hashybot
07-19-2012, 09:13 PM
Hey Paul,

I upgraded and 2.6.5 is fine without the patch you gave me :). Many thanks and you guys go above and beyond everytime.

Many thanks again and thanks to the Mezzmo team.

Kind regards.
Hashy