PDA

View Full Version : Format Mezzmo Transcodes To For Each Player

Bushmills
07-07-2012, 11:49 PM
Apologies in advance if this has been asked, but is there a way to find out what Mezzmo transcodes to for each media player (Xbox, Samsung Bluray, etc)?

For example, if I stream an HD MKV file to my xbox 360, how can I tell what Mezzmo transcodes it to? If the native resolution is 1080p, does it maintain that?

Similarly with music, for example, if I stream an Apple Lossless music file to my Samsung Blu ray player, how can I determine what Mezzmo is transcoding it as? Does it maintain a compatible, lossless format?

Perhaps there could be an option in future releases that would allow a user to see or even choose which transcoding options they'd like?

Any input or advice would be much appreciated!

Paul
07-09-2012, 01:26 PM
To see what transcoded files have been created for a file, you can right-click on a file in Mezzmo and click 'Properties'. On the Properties dialog, click the Transcoding tab. This is where all completed transcodings of the selected file are displayed. At the moment, we do not show all details about the transcoded file - just the container, video codec and audio codec. We will consider displaying more details in a future version.

You can choose what formats to transcode & stream a file for a particular device using Mezzmo's Pre-transcode Files feature. Right-click on a file in Mezzmo and click 'Pre-transcode Files'.