PDA

View Full Version : WD TV Live Plus Navigation Broken

hsbrown2
07-09-2012, 03:32 AM
I am getting the message "There is no media in the current folder" with 2.6.4, I was hoping for this fix (direct nav ti Video, Music, Photos), it would be great to have this working. (WD TV Live Plus HD)

Paul
07-09-2012, 02:31 PM
Sorry for your troubles. A few users have also reported this. Please send us a set of logs so we can see what the problem is that you are having. Turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Connect to Mezzmo using your WD TV Live Plus/Hub and reproduce the browsing problem you mention. Then stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs and send them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

Visor
07-10-2012, 10:22 AM
I'm also having the same problem with my WD TV Live classic. Just tried to roll back using system restore, but it was too late; the database had already been updated. :mad:

UPDATE: The Conceiva support guys provided me with a new WD TV Live profile, which resolved the issue. Please be sure to send an e-mail to the support address above in order to get your own copy.

Visor

Paul
07-10-2012, 05:27 PM
Thanks for the confirmation, Visor.

We are waiting for feedback from a few other users experiencing similar problems and, once we get the all clear, we will issue a minor update for all Mezzmo users.

In the meantime, if you want to try the patch, please contact us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

Paul
07-13-2012, 04:48 PM
Just an update - Mezzmo v2.6.5 has been released and this issue should fixed in this new release. Let us know how you go.

Dion
07-20-2012, 09:02 PM
Think this is broken again in 2.6.6.

Peter
07-21-2012, 11:37 AM
Hi,
can you please try going to 'Media Devices' in Mezzmo and turning on the option to use only IP addresses to identify devices, then delete all listed devices and restart your Mezzmo media server.

Dion
07-21-2012, 12:24 PM
Hi,
can you please try going to 'Media Devices' in Mezzmo and turning on the option to use only IP addresses to identify devices, then delete all listed devices and restart your Mezzmo media server.

You basically want me to rebuild the Media Device profiles i take it. I will get around to this.. Hopefully soon.

edit: I rebuilt the device list. And it fixed it. Did not use IP identify tho.

Paul
07-23-2012, 12:57 PM
Thanks for the feedback, Dion. Mezzmo v2.6.6 does have an issue with device identification in certain circumstances and we are fixing/testing it now. We will release an update in the next 24 hours so that you do not get a re-occurrence of the same problem you just had.

Paul
07-24-2012, 03:19 PM
Hi Dion,

We have fixed the problems you have reported in Mezzmo v2.6.6 and a new Mezzmo v2.6.7 update is now available for download. Several users have already confirmed their problems are fixed after applying this new update. After installing the Mezzmo v2.6.7 update, go to the Media Devices dialog in Mezzmo and delete all your devices. Re-start your Mezzmo server and your devices will be correctly detected and re-listed in the Media Devices dialog.

Pete
08-03-2012, 07:51 PM
Hi Dion,

We have fixed the problems you have reported in Mezzmo v2.6.6 and a new Mezzmo v2.6.7 update is now available for download. Several users have already confirmed their problems are fixed after applying this new update. After installing the Mezzmo v2.6.7 update, go to the Media Devices dialog in Mezzmo and delete all your devices. Re-start your Mezzmo server and your devices will be correctly detected and re-listed in the Media Devices dialog.

I deleted all my devices and restarted Mezzmo server. also reset WD Live box to no Avail.

Paul
08-04-2012, 10:10 AM
Hi Pete,

Are you running Mezzmo v2.6.7? If not, then please ugrade, delete all devices and try streaming again.

If still no success, then you should send in a set of logs and we'll investigate it further. Turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Reproduce the problem you mention and when it fails, stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs and send them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

givitup2E
09-11-2012, 02:24 PM
do you still need logs with this issue?

starfire
09-11-2012, 05:20 PM
I got a further patch from support to fix this in 2.6.7, see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/3937-WDTV-Live-SMP-quot-There-is-no-media-in-the-current-folder-quot

Paul
09-11-2012, 05:59 PM
do you still need logs with this issue?

No, thanks. The issue has been fixed and the fix will be rolled into the next update that we are preparing to release for all registered users.

givitup2E
09-11-2012, 08:31 PM
cool is that release coming soon or can I also get that patch please?

Paul
09-12-2012, 08:04 AM
cool is that release coming soon or can I also get that patch please?

Hopefully we'll be releasing the new update in the next few days.

givitup2E
09-18-2012, 05:13 AM
Any update on this? I am wanting to wait until I see this work for my setup before purchasing and am about out of time on my trial.

Paul
09-18-2012, 08:44 AM
Any update on this? I am wanting to wait until I see this work for my setup before purchasing and am about out of time on my trial.

It will be released later this week.

givitup2E
09-18-2012, 01:23 PM
awesome thanks for reply

Dion
09-25-2012, 02:59 PM
Seems profiles not saving settings has re-appeared.. Cannot convert back to 2.6.7 either :(

Paul
09-25-2012, 03:14 PM
Seems profiles not saving settings has re-appeared.. Cannot convert back to 2.6.7 either :(

Hi Dion,

Can you explain the problem in detail that you are having? I assume you are running Mezzmo v2.7. We'll reproduce it here.

Dion
09-25-2012, 03:29 PM
Hi Dion,

Can you explain the problem in detail that you are having? I assume you are running Mezzmo v2.7. We'll reproduce it here.

Media Device settings arent saving. Also when I updated my library I lost all my thumbnails.. ( Which are from JPGs. ) And it started putting thumbnails from the movie itself.

givitup2E
09-25-2012, 11:20 PM
I agree with the Media Device settings, it appears sort of flaky whether it saves it or not.

Dion if you are talking about folder.jpg, than I found a setting under "Maintain Library" Metadata Retrieval settings, the "get artwork from external files" was unchecked with the new release. Try checking that, it worked for me.

Opening folders did not improve with 2.7. It still stalls out on some folders and will only go into folders once out of every maybe 10 times. Once it manages, it does just fine navigating and playing.

Paul
09-26-2012, 10:46 AM
Media Device settings arent saving. Also when I updated my library I lost all my thumbnails.. ( Which are from JPGs. ) And it started putting thumbnails from the movie itself.

Hi Dion,

We just found & fixed the Device Settings issue. We'll issue a minor update shortly.

When maintaining your library, there is a new dialog (Metadata Retrieval Settings dialog) that lets you control what text metadata and artwork is retrieved for your files. In the case of artwork for your videos, the default settings for getting artwork from folder.jpp/png files is turned off. You should turn this on if you have folder.jpg/png artwork for your video files.

Paul
09-26-2012, 10:52 AM
I agree with the Media Device settings, it appears sort of flaky whether it saves it or not.

Dion if you are talking about folder.jpg, than I found a setting under "Maintain Library" Metadata Retrieval settings, the "get artwork from external files" was unchecked with the new release. Try checking that, it worked for me.

Opening folders did not improve with 2.7. It still stalls out on some folders and will only go into folders once out of every maybe 10 times. Once it manages, it does just fine navigating and playing.

Hi givitup2E,

Thanks for reporting the issues. As mentioned in my prior post to Dion, we have found & fixed the Device Settings issue. We will release a minor update shortly. You are right about the folder.jpg/png setting for videos (turned off by default). Hopefully turning it on gets Dion back up and running.

With regards the opening folders problem, can you capture this in a new set of logs so we can see what is failing or what is taking so long? Turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging). Restart your Mezzmo server and then try to navigate to the folder that fails to open. When it fails to open, stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs and send them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

givitup2E
09-30-2012, 04:43 AM
I opened the logs and saw that it was stating some jpgs(movie sheets) it did not like. I took some time and cleaned up all my drives in hopes of better performance. No luck. I uninstalled Mezzmo and am currently rebuilding library. That takes pretty much an entire day...dunno if that is accurate or also an example something is wrong. There is about 7 gig on the network to scan...alot I know but still seems a really long time to build the library. I sent the logs, hopefully you can find something awry.

Paul
10-01-2012, 09:44 AM
Thanks for the logs. We'll analyze them and get back to you.

Pete
12-20-2012, 08:32 AM
My Mezzmo is not detecting my WDlive box out of the blue again. Went into the router settings (fios router MI424WR) and insured that IMGP was disabled....note, that it was not in the same location as last time.

I can access my PC from the WD live and play videos and music - but not through Mezzmo. Neither device detects the other (Mezzmo doesn't see box, box doesn't see Mezzmo)

Paul
12-20-2012, 11:28 AM
Hi Pete,

The fact that is has stopped working out of the blue suggests something on your home network is blocking DLNA communication between your WD TV Live and Mezzmo. Try turning off your router and turning it on again. It's quite common that routers' get stuck in their firmware sometimes and a reboot is required. If no better, then go into your router's settings and turn off UPnP, Jumbo Frames and it's built-in firewall. Reboot your router after making any changes. If no better, then read through this checklist - http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/1183-FAQ-Cannot-see-Mezzmo-on-your-DLNA-device. It contains the typical reasons for your problem occurring.

If still no success, please turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Try listing media servers on your WD TV Live and when Mezzmo is not listed (wait a few minutes), then stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

Pete
12-31-2012, 01:25 AM
Hi Paul,

After much trial and error and headaches I was able to fix the issue. If anyone else is having this problem due to an update to the FIOS MI424WR router firmware update, here are the steps I took to resolve:

1. Log into Router using whatever IP is used to access
2. Once logged in, enter address http://192.168.1.1/index.cgi?active_page=6059
3 Switch IGMP Proxy to disabled
4. Click apply, log out

On another note, one issue I experience with Mezzmo and I don't know if it can be resolved:

If I have a number of videos which have not been transcoded and I try and access one that is lower in the list, Mezzmo begins transcoding any of the videos I had to scroll through to get to the one I want to watch. This is an issue from time to time since transcoding multiple large files at once causes the streaming to crash. My resolve to this is to name any movie I would like to see with an 01 in beginning of the name so that it is at the top of the list. I just wanted to mention this issue in case you were not aware - I am streaming from Viera GT30 through wired connection when this issue happens.

Paul
12-31-2012, 09:57 AM
Hi Pete,

Glad you are up and running again. Having IGMP enabled in your router is a common cause for not seeing your media server (like Mezzmo) listed on your DLNA devices. Thanks for explaining what you did to fix it for your router.

Regarding your TV, Panasonic Viera TVs have a "feature" where they play a preview of the video in the left corner when you are browsing through your folders and playlists. The Viera actually streams the whole video from Mezzmo server to play this preview so, if the video is not in a compatible format for your Viera, then Mezzmo server must start transcoding the video. This can be very heavy on your computer and home network - just for a preview feature. We recommend Viera TV owners to turn off this preview feature in the Settings of your TV (use your remote control to enter the main settings) and this stops this behaviour. On newer Viera models, you can turn this preview off, whereas on older Viera models, unfortunately you cannot.

Pete
01-03-2013, 05:08 AM
Thank you for the response - I had a feeling it was an issue with the Viera, but I wasn't sure. The reason I added those steps for the router is because since the latest firmware update mapping to IGMP through the GUI was removed. The workaround is to log in and then use the jump page.