PDA

View Full Version : Samsung C6750 no longer sees any MPEG2 video files after 2.6.4 upgrade

BeFi
07-10-2012, 04:23 AM
Remark regd heading: This is a post related to Samsung D6750

After the upgrade of Mezzmo to 2.6.4 my Samsung D-series LED TV does not see any video files in my video repository any more. Instead got an error message that no video files could be found. My database has 400+ video files, all MP2 format.
My other Samsung C-series and my Philips 7000 both continue to see and play the same MP2 streams after the upgrade.

Measures taken:
I deleted the Samsung D device. Mezzmo re-recognized it as Samsung C ('C' for the first time, formerly always 'D')! Video files not visible.
I then changed the profile to Samsung D manually. Video files still not visible.
I then restored my OS image with Mezzmo 2.6.3 -> all TVs see the video files.

I cannot reproduce or produce any log files as I am now back on 2.6.3.

Allow a comment: Something happened to Mezzmo since 2.5.. The Mezzmo updates were a no-risk thing ever since I embarked on Mezzmo and since 2.6 they are causing more harm than they resolve.

Best
Bernhard

Paul
07-10-2012, 08:58 AM
Thanks for reporting this, Bernhard. We think we have found the problem and will issue an update ASAP. If you wish, you can contact us now at support [at] conceiva [dot] com for a patch.

Paul
07-13-2012, 04:49 PM
Just an update - Mezzmo v2.6.5 has been released and this issue should fixed in this new release. Let us know how you go.

BeFi
07-15-2012, 01:16 AM
Hi Paul,

Nop - 2.6.5 did not at all address the issue, nor did the 2.6.4.1 patch that Peter supplied. Worse - I can say confidently that 2.6.5. introduced a new flaw. Folder navigation on Samsung D has become much slower. Moving from folder to folder now takes 15-20 seconds while it was 2-3 seconds before.

I supplied you with a set of fresh logs and look forward to your analysis.

I went back to 2.6.3 by restoring an OS image from before the upgrade on which my Samsung D, C and Philips 7000 are all working fine.

Best regards
Bernhard

Ross
07-15-2012, 01:50 AM
Same issue on my Samsung 55C-6300 any way to dl the older versions?

fastbuck
07-15-2012, 05:55 AM
yep, it seems very unstable now with samsung tv. i have a samsung c tv and almost get a "media play" error almost all the time... can't even see my files. it seems very sluggish. please let us downgrade to 2.6.3 or fix the issue with a new patch....

Paul
07-16-2012, 11:10 AM
Thanks for alerting us to this issue. We're looking into it now & will provide a fix ASAP. We'll post back here after we have a fix.

You can download Mezzmo v2.6.3 from: http://www.conceiva.com/downloads/2630_mezzmo-setup.exe
(Note: Your Mezzmo library/database has changed internally since Mezzmo v2.6.3 and is no longer compatible with Mezzmo v2.6.3, so if you choose to downgrade to Mezzmo v2.6.3, you will have to start with a new Mezzmo library.)

Paul
07-16-2012, 03:01 PM
We think we have found the slow response problem and fixed it. Please contact us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com for a patch to try.

BeFi
07-16-2012, 06:06 PM
The patch labelled 2.6.5.1 dated July 16 has fixed the slowness of browsing the folder structure but my folders are still empty (error message continues to say 'device not accessible'). So the original issue remains unresolved.

Paul
07-17-2012, 09:49 AM
Thanks for the feedback, BeFi. We're now looking into the MPEG-2 issue and will get back to you shortly.

BeFi
07-20-2012, 02:29 AM
After receiving a 2.6.5.1. patch from Peter I made an interesting experience I want to share:

I activated logging and this time restarted both GUI and MediaServer.
With logging for the MediaServer activated my Samsung D suddenly could access all my MP2 files.
Observation: The videos were only played after an unusually long load time - app. 30 sec.

Next I deactivated logging and tried the same sequence again - still worked.

Next I shut off the Samsung D and switched it on again to get a defined starting point. Activated SmartHub etc. - got error message as described earlier.

Next I activated logging again for GUI and Media Server - MP2s all visible.

Next I shut off the Samsung D and switched it on again to get a defined starting point. Activated SmartHub etc. with logging still activated - MP2s all visible. Long load times for videos.

Conclusion: Logging changes something that determines whether videos are seen or whether Mezzmo issues error message when browsing folders.

No doubt the wizards at Conceiva will find out what it is but in the meantime I wanted to share with all hostages of the Samsung D phenomenon.

Paul
07-20-2012, 11:46 AM
Thanks for sharing this information, BeFi. Logging should not have any effect on your streaming. We will be releasing a minor update later today, so please try that and let us know how you go.

BeFi
07-21-2012, 01:43 AM
So - logging shouldn't affect streaming . . . AHA . . . fact is it did and it did so entirely reproducible.

Applied 2.6.6 today.

Result: I can navigate to each folder and see my MP2 files. Response time of navigation is good.
Bad message is: The files don't play. Error message now is "format not supported". Tried several files. Same error.

BUT NOW my Samsung C is also not working any more. Error message 'format not supported'.

I give up and go once more back to 2.6.3. . And promised I will stay there until this forum provides evidence that there is a reasonably bug-free version.

BeFi
07-21-2012, 04:49 PM
Following the advice from Paul to delete my devices with 2.6.6. - here is what happened:

With 2.6.6 the device recognition isn't working any more.

My Samsung D isn't recognized any more. I added it manually. MP2 files were visible and could be streamed / viewed.
When powering the Samsung D off/on it reappeared as a unidentified NTSC device in Messmo's device list. I could off course edit it to become Samsung D but that can't be meant like that. I use DNS in my home network.

My Samsung C was immediately recognized as the correct Samsung model (UE40C8790) and works.

Paul
07-23-2012, 01:01 PM
Hi BeFi,

Thanks for the feedback. Mezzmo v2.6.6 does have an issue with device identification in certain circumstances and we are fixing/testing it now. We will release an update in the next 24 hours so that you do not get a re-occurrence of the same problem you just had.

xxjovexx83
07-23-2012, 02:43 PM
Hi BeFi,

Thanks for the feedback. Mezzmo v2.6.6 does have an issue with device identification in certain circumstances and we are fixing/testing it now. We will release an update in the next 24 hours so that you do not get a re-occurrence of the same problem you just had.

Just letting you know i've been using your software and everything has been very good and stable except for this last update. Other than that if you have many folders over 200+ in one folder it takes a while. I wish it was faster at getting the directories, this is both hardwired, and wireless mind you. I have 2 samsung's both series 6. 6100 and 6500 and both say "not supported file format" since this last update. Hope to see a fix asap. Thanks!

Paul
07-24-2012, 12:02 PM
The fixes in the new update have been tested by several users and they have confirmed it is working well. So we are not preparing the minor release for all users. Should be released later today.

Paul
07-24-2012, 03:16 PM
We have fixed the problems you have reported in Mezzmo v2.6.6 and a new Mezzmo v2.6.7 update is now available for download. Several users have already confirmed their problems are fixed after applying this new update. After installing the Mezzmo v2.6.7 update, go to the Media Devices dialog in Mezzmo and delete all your devices. Re-start your Mezzmo server and your devices will be correctly detected and re-listed in the Media Devices dialog.

BeFi
07-25-2012, 01:51 AM
2.6.7. seems to be fine again! Devices recognized, MP2 files are streaming, folder navigation as fast as before 2.6.

Installed 2.6.7. and deleted both my Samsung devices (D and C).
Both were detected and worked immediately despite my Samsung D6750 was associated to a Samsung C device model

My Samsung UE32D6750 is recognized as
[TV]UE32D6750 <IP> <MAC> Samsung C
after auto recognition

My Samsung UE40C8790 is recognized as
TV-40C8700 <IP> <MAC> Samsung C
after auto recognition

Paul
07-25-2012, 09:22 AM
Great to hear you are up and running again, BeFi.