PDA

View Full Version : Samsung TV Skips Videos

muir71
07-10-2012, 05:17 AM
So I've recently upgraded my TV to a new Samsung and Mezzmo works great on every video I throw at it as long as there's native support (no transcoding). BUT, every video file that I need to transcode before sending to my TV, fails. What happens is after a buffer of the transcoding has been created the movie starts to play, and every single time, it'll just stop the current video and skip to the next one in the folder. I've played quite a few movies flawlessly on it already as long as they dont need to be transcoded. I have a Samsung UN55D7000LF, and in Mezzmo I've tried setting it to both Samsung Device Profile of C & D with no luck. Any suggestions?

System Specs:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
AMD x6 3.2GHz
8GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM
2x64GB SSD drives in RAID0
640GB HDD
2TB USB 3.0 external where I store all my movies
etc
(All this should theoretically work very well with Mezzmo)

Paul
07-10-2012, 09:06 AM
It's best we see a set of logs to determine what may be going wrong. Please use the Samsung D device profile. Then, turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Connect to Mezzmo using your TV and reproduce the problem you mention. Then stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs and send them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

Paul
07-13-2012, 04:48 PM
Just an update - Mezzmo v2.6.5 has been released and this issue should fixed in this new release. Let us know how you go.

muir71
07-14-2012, 04:35 AM
Ive updated to the new version just a little while ago and the issue still happens :( I went ahead and made the logs of the error and just sent off the email. Thanks for all the support!

fastbuck
07-14-2012, 04:58 AM
nothing works with my samsung ue40c6000 and mezzmo v2.6.5. when i change into a media folder ie. videos or imagees, i always get a media play error. where can i download 2.6.3. btw this is with samsung c profile (my default one) and i also checked with samsung d profile. both only get media play errors when changing into a folder - it doesn't even let me see my files anymore.

update: well, go figure. today it works again so please ignore my post.

update 2: and a few hours later i've once again the media play errors when switching into folders. don't know what's the problem. before with 2.6.3 i haven't had this problem...

Dillster
07-14-2012, 06:26 AM
Not sure if this helps, but my Sammy B TV always goes to the next file in the folder when its finished the previous - ie it will attempt to play all files in sequence. I believe that the problem you are having is that the transcoding is failing for your first file and the TV is just playing the next one because it thinks the first is finished...

Paul
07-16-2012, 10:30 AM
muir71: Got your logs. Thanks.

Dillster: Please send us a set of logs. Turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Use Mezzmo with your TV as you normally do. When you experience the problem, stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up the logs and send them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com. In your email, make a note of the file that you were trying to play but failed to play.

Paul
07-16-2012, 03:01 PM
We think we have found the problem and fixed it. Please contact us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com for a patch to try.

Paul
07-20-2012, 05:39 PM
Just an update - Mezzmo v2.6.6 has just been released & your issues should be fixed. Please upgrade to this new version and try streaming again. Let us know how you go.

muir71
07-23-2012, 01:40 AM
Sorry it's taken me so long to get back. But now the issue is with the newest update is that it won't play ANY of my MKV movies that it used to before :( Just pops up saying format not supported. So I think this update has gone in the wrong direction. Hopefully it wont take too long for you guys to rectify this. I love all the work that you guys put into your product!

UPDATE: I take that back, it was accidentally set to profile C, but when i changed it back to D it buffered the movies still :( and ended up skipping to the next one. So at least my other movies should still work just fine...hopefully. I'll try them later tonight to make sure. Thanks again!

Paul
07-24-2012, 03:23 PM
Hi muir71,

Just an update - Mezzmo v2.6.7 is now available and it should improved device detection and streaming for you. After installing the Mezzmo v2.6.7 update, go to the Media Devices dialog in Mezzmo and delete all your devices. Re-start your Mezzmo server and your devices will be correctly detected and re-listed in the Media Devices dialog.

muir71
07-25-2012, 03:51 PM
You guys ROCK!! I updated and removed all the devices as you said, waited for them to be detected again. And right now I'm streaming my MKV that was giving me all my grief with no hiccups! So far I'm about 5 minutes into the movie, I'll end up finishing this tomorrow night since I can finally watch it :) Thanks again for rolling out all the updates and hard work. Once again, this is why you're still the top recommended media server from me!

Plus I love the fact that it's not trying to transcode this movie, seems like it's being supported natively which it wasn't doing before!

Paul
07-25-2012, 04:11 PM
Great to hear you are up and running now, muir71. Thanks for your kind words & support.