PDA

View Full Version : subtitles

mikkidk
07-11-2012, 07:49 PM
When I watch movies via my panasonic tv and live wd tv I can only see subtitles on some of the movies. All movies is with the same srt. name as filmfile. But unfortunately not all movies can be shown with subtitles? How comes?
I got some MKV movies with subtitles but I cant see the subtitles. How comes?

Paul
07-11-2012, 11:05 PM
Each DLNA device that you have (Viera TV, WD TV Live) has different firmware that supports different media formats and subtitle formats. Mezzmo presents and streams the subtitles to each device the same, but it is up to the device to decide if it will display them or not. Some devices will play subtitles with certain video formats, while others will have a different set for formats where subtitles are displayed. For your Panasonic Viera, it only seems to display external subtitles when you are streaming DivX (AVI) files. For your WD TV Live, it has much better support for displaying subtitles but you may have found a format that it does not display external subtitles for.

mikkidk
07-12-2012, 07:29 PM
Hello Paul
Ok, I see....
Thanks for your explanation.

Josip
07-13-2012, 01:22 AM
HI Paul,
Does my Samsung C7000 TV supposed to be able to handle external .sup files as .srt's work though. Or is it a feature that hasn't been implemented into Mezzmo?

Paul
07-13-2012, 10:54 AM
Hi Josip,

I'm not sure if Samsung C-series TVs support external .SUP subtitle files streamed through DLNA. You may need to check with Samsung customer support. If they do, let us know then we can certainly add .SUP support into Mezzmo.

Josip
07-13-2012, 03:27 PM
I just tried external .sup with Samsung AllShare and it doesn't read it. Oh well. :(

doghere
12-18-2012, 04:14 PM
Hey I found a solution to this... change extensions of all your non avi files to '.avi', get the srt file in the folder with the same file name as of the video, next open mezzmo head to transcoding settings and turn off transcoding for all files. And whoila ! I have subtitles for all files Cheers