PDA

View Full Version : Philips BDP 9600 Profile / Aspectratio Problems

Romsky
07-14-2012, 08:37 PM
Hello,

i just did use my 2nd bd player with Mezzmo. It works with the Philips BDP Profile, but i have Problems with the aspect-ratio. The Black bars up and down are not displayed, so the image is stretched in vertical resolution. (a circle is not displayed as a circle, its displayed as a egg).

Is there a possibility to fix that? (same files played on PC with XBMC, not streamed direct played from hdd, does display correct).

Thanks in advance

Paul
07-16-2012, 10:45 AM
Many DLNA devices have settings to display video and images in different view modes (i.e. zoom, stretch, fill, original, etc.). Does your Philips BDP have this setting? I suggest you set this video/image setting to 'original' or 'fill' and that may give you better results. It seems to be in 'stretch' mode at the moment.

Romsky
07-16-2012, 03:53 PM
No, Display is set to "original". I have many Devices, and AspectRatio is always correct. It must be a problem of Mezzmo (or a device profile from mezzmo), because my Onkyo BD-SP809 do have same problems.

Paul
07-17-2012, 09:47 AM
OK - thanks for the clarification, Romsky. We'd like to see a set of logs so we can see what's being sent to your devices. Please turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Connect to Mezzmo from your Philips BDP. Stream a file that will have the wrong aspect ratio and, after it starts playing/displaying with the wrong aspect ratio, stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs and send them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com. Also, in your email, send us the FFmpeg information on the file that you just streamed. To do this, right-click on the file in Mezzmo and click 'Get FFmpeg Information'.