PDA

View Full Version : 2.6.5 Still Transcoding Video for Sony BDP

ScanRite
07-17-2012, 01:36 AM
Installed 2.6.5, watched a video. The video kept stuttering every 5 minutes or so. Looked at the Transcoding folder this morning and sure enough, it transcoded a file (.M2TS) that is native to the Sony player. Can't roll back to 2.6.3 without losing my database, again... And transcoding is very slow.

Core i5 with 16gb RAM on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

Thanks,

Duane

JohnM
07-17-2012, 04:50 AM
Hi Duane,
Could you post the ffmpeg info from a file that needed transcoding?

ScanRite
07-17-2012, 06:24 AM
Attached...

Paul
07-17-2012, 11:06 AM
Hi ScanRite,

Please set your device profile to 'Sony BDP, HT, SMP' in the Media Devices dialog and try that. If it still transcodes, then try turning off transcoding in the Transcoding Settings dialog and try streaming the file now. Does it play? If it does, then contact us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we'll provide an updated device profile that will pass the file directly to your Sony BDP. (Remember to turn transcoding back on in the Transcoding Settings dialog)

ScanRite
07-18-2012, 02:38 AM
I just emailed you the results of my testing. Wasn't good. :(

Duane

ScanRite
07-18-2012, 07:04 AM
One additional comment: Videos will not pause now.

Duane

Paul
07-18-2012, 10:25 AM
Thanks for testing this & sending us the logs. We'll analyze them and get back to you shortly.

Nyarlathotep
07-19-2012, 11:07 AM
1. I've tried many media servers, and this is the only one that will play .mov files recorded on my Nikon d5100; thanks for supporting them.

2. I have the same issue as the OP (BDP-S480 and BDP-S580 players here). Mezzmo transcodes all video files to .m2ts, including .mp4 files, which my players support natively. A solution to this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Paul
07-19-2012, 12:46 PM
Are you running Mezzmo v2.6.5? If not, please upgrade to it. Are you using the 'Sony BDP, HT, SMP' device profile for your Sony BDPs? Go to the Media Devices dialog in Mezzmo to view/change the device profile. Try streaming again after upgrading and changing your device profile.

If still no success, then we'll need to see a set of logs. Turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Connect to Mezzmo from your Sony BDP and stream a file. After it begins transcoding, stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs and send them to us at support [st] conceiva [dot] com.

Nyarlathotep
07-19-2012, 02:00 PM
Are you running Mezzmo v2.6.5? If not, please upgrade to it. Are you using the 'Sony BDP, HT, SMP' device profile for your Sony BDPs? Go to the Media Devices dialog in Mezzmo to view/change the device profile. Try streaming again after upgrading and changing your device profile.

If still no success, then we'll need to see a set of logs. Turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread...nostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Connect to Mezzmo from your Sony BDP and stream a file. After it begins transcoding, stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs and send them to us at support [st] conceiva [dot] com.

Yes, yes, and sent to support.

Paul
07-20-2012, 12:52 PM
Thanks - we'll respond via email after we have analyzed your logs.

Nyarlathotep
07-20-2012, 12:58 PM
Thanks. The updated profile seems to have worked, although the files are listed as "MPEG" instead of "MP4" (they were listed as "M2TS" before). Transport controls seem to work now.

Paul
07-20-2012, 01:01 PM
The updated profile seems to have worked, although the files are listed as "MPEG" instead of "MP4" (they were listed as "M2TS" before). Transport controls seem to work now.

Excellent. Glad you are up and running now.

Aaron407
07-25-2012, 12:52 PM
Can that 'fixed' profile be made available publicly? I'm having many many problems with the newest updates and files being picked up by the player as DivX when they should be m2ts.

Paul
07-25-2012, 04:45 PM
The changes made to the 'Sony BDP, HT, SMP' device profile are contained in the latest Mezzmo v2.6.7 release. Please upgrade to this version if you have not already done so. After installing Mezzmo v2.6.7, go to the Media Devices dialog and delete all devices from the device list. Restart your Mezzmo server and your Sony BDP device should be re-listed. Make sure your Sony BDP is using the 'Sony BDP, HT, SMP' device profile. Try streaming some files to your Sony BDP and, if any files have a problem playing, then make a note of them. In Mezzmo, right-click on the problem file and click 'Get FFmpeg Information'. Send us this information and describe the problem playing the file (stuttering, doesn't play, etc.) Also send us a set of logs when you try to stream one of the problem files.