PDA

View Full Version : Sony BDP / Sony Bravia KDL

JamboUK
07-17-2012, 04:58 AM
Hi,

It has been a while since I have used a Mezzmo setup with my Sony products. Can you advise if Mezzmo currently supports last memory resume for part watched films for either a Sony Bravia KDL set or a Sony BDP player.

I seem to remember this was support or maybe partially supported? This currently does not seen to be working. Am I mistaken?

Thanks.

mezzmo@mvg.za.net
07-17-2012, 05:04 AM
Hi

I have a Sony Bravia KDL-32EX600 TV and the resume works 100%. I had issues over the week-end with the playback stalling, but a STOP and PLAY always started at the STOP point, even over a server reboot.

Hope that helps.

Mark

JamboUK
07-17-2012, 07:40 AM
Hi

I have a Sony Bravia KDL-32EX600 TV and the resume works 100%. I had issues over the week-end with the playback stalling, but a STOP and PLAY always started at the STOP point, even over a server reboot.

Hope that helps.

Mark

Thanks for the response. I wonder why it is going wrong for me then. File type specific?

mezzmo@mvg.za.net
07-17-2012, 08:41 AM
Thanks for the response. I wonder why it is going wrong for me then. File type specific?

I don't think so. Mine was pre-transcoded... So just playing the transcoded file.

Paul
07-17-2012, 11:13 AM
Hi JamboUK,

What version of Mezzmo are you running? Try the latest version (Mezzmo v2.6.5) and let us know if resume is not working. If not working, then send us a set of logs to support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we'll check it out further for you.

JamboUK
07-18-2012, 06:12 AM
I can now elaborate a little on my initial post after playing around some more. It appears my Sony Bravia KDL set does resume files after stopping even if I flick to another file and play that and then resume the original file.

I also have a Sony BDP S370 which behaves strangely when it comes to resuming files. It appears to resume a file if stop is played and the file is returned to straight away and played. BUT if another file is played in the interim, even for a few minutes, and then the original file is returned to then it plays from the beginning and is not resumed.

There have been a number of additional profiles added for the Sony BDP series since I last looked at the settings in Mezzmo. I have always used 'Sony BDP (Pal)' but also today tried 'Sony BDP (PAL/NTSC, MKV)' with the same results when it comes to resuming. Any ideas? Also which is the best profile for a UK Sony BDP S370?

Thanks.

Paul
07-18-2012, 10:24 AM
Hi JamboUK,

Thanks for the further information. Resuming is a feature of the DLNA device and not the DLNA server. Your DLNA device simply requests to start playing the video at a certain point and Mezzmo server delivers that part of the video to your DLNA device. So that will explain why you are getting different resuming results for your Sony Bravia TV and your Sony BDP S370. It seems that the Bravia TV's firmware will remember the stop points for many files that you have played in a session and let you resume any of them, whereas your Sony BDP seems to only remember one stop point per session.

I would recommend using the 'Sony BDP, HT, SMP' device profile for your Sony BDP. Let us know if you experience any problems whilst using it.

JamboUK
07-18-2012, 10:14 PM
Hi JamboUK,

I would recommend using the 'Sony BDP, HT, SMP' device profile for your Sony BDP. Let us know if you experience any problems whilst using it.

Thanks for your reply Paul. Much appreciated. What benefit would that profile give me over my current one and others. What does HT and SMP stand for? Will this profile still not transcode DivX as it is supported by my BDP.

Thanks.

paulorox
07-19-2012, 07:03 AM
I also have a Sony BDP S370 which behaves strangely when it comes to resuming files. It appears to resume a file if stop is played and the file is returned to straight away and played. BUT if another file is played in the interim, even for a few minutes, and then the original file is returned to then it plays from the beginning and is not resumed.

This has always been the behaviour of my BDP-S370's (I have 4). If I stop a file and restart it, it always resumes play. If I start another file or turn off the device it will always play the original file from the start.

It's like it can only resume the last file played (as long as you don't turn off the blu-ray player).

Paul
07-19-2012, 10:45 AM
What benefit would that profile give me over my current one and others. What does HT and SMP stand for? Will this profile still not transcode DivX as it is supported by my BDP.

Sony Blu-ray players (BDP), home theater systems (HT) and media players (SMP) appear to have common firmware for DLNA streaming so the 'Sony BDP, HT, SMP' device profile in Mezzmo covers all these Sony models. This device profile does not transcode your AVI/DivX files. Give it a try and see how you go. If it does not work, then let us know - or revert back to previous device profile you were using.

Paul
07-19-2012, 10:46 AM
It's like it can only resume the last file played (as long as you don't turn off the blu-ray player).

Thanks for confirming this. That's our experience as well.