PDA

View Full Version : Free Trial - No Joy :( - Samsung BD-C5500

commpro
07-19-2012, 03:03 AM
Hello,

I just installed the 15 day trial of Messmo 2.6.5 in the hope that I'd be able to overcome some of the problems I've been having streaming from my computer to my TV but so far it isn't doing the trick.

I have a BC-C5500 Samsung Blue-ray that is connected to my network through an Ethernet cable. My computer is running 32 bit Vista SP2 on an Intel Core 2 Duo E8600 chip and it is hooked to an external drive that holds all my movies and it all runs through a D-Link router. Not sure if you need all that.

Anyhow the problem is many of the movies I have on my hard drive either don't play at all (format not recognized) or I get a few (or many) minutes in and it just stops playing. I thought this was a problem with Samsung PC Share Manager, but I've also tried Serviio and now Mezzmo. I was hoping the trans-coding Mezzmo does would work but either I am not setting things up correctly or something else is going on.

I have had problems with various file types like .avi, .x264, .mp4 files.

I know you will need more information than this but thought this would be a start. I tried the other threads in the forum with BD-C5500 too but couldn't decipher the answers :)

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Jim

Paul
07-19-2012, 10:52 AM
Hi Jim,

Please contact us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we'll provide you with a patch for Mezzmo v2.6.5 that should get you up and running.

commpro
07-19-2012, 11:40 AM
Hi Jim,

Please contact us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we'll provide you with a patch for Mezzmo v2.6.5 that should get you up and running.

Thanks.

I'll give that a try & let you know how it goes.

Jim

commpro
07-20-2012, 09:50 AM
Hi Jim,

Well I downloaded the patch and installed it per the directions but still no joy.

I tried two of the movies I tried yesterday and they still won't play "file format not recognized". These movies play fine on my computer and through a Western Digital media player so it isn't the files themselves.

How does the transcoding work? It is on the fly or do I need to transcode the files first in order to play them. I'm trying to figure out if I have some settings wrong with the software. I'd love the be able to try Mezzmo and say it works because from everything I've tried so far this sound like the right solution to my streaming needs but right now all I can say is it isn't working.

Thanks again for all your help.

Jim

Paul
07-20-2012, 12:50 PM
Hi Jim,

Please try this: Stop your Mezzmo server and go to the Media Devices dialog. Delete all devices listed there and then start your Mezzmo server. Your Samsung BDP should be re-listed in the Media Devices dialog again. Make sure it is using the 'Samsung BDP' or 'Samsung BDP-3D' device profile. Try streaming now and see if it better.

If no better, please send us the FFmpeg information on one the files that is not playing. To do this, right-click on the file in Mezzmo and click 'Get FFmpeg Information'.

Paul
07-20-2012, 06:37 PM
Hi Jim,

Mezzmo v2.6.6 has just been released. Please upgrade to this new version and try streaming again. Let us know how you go.

commpro
07-21-2012, 01:21 AM
Hi Jim,

Mezzmo v2.6.6 has just been released. Please upgrade to this new version and try streaming again. Let us know how you go.

Will do. Thanks for the help.

Jim

commpro
07-22-2012, 06:51 AM
Hi Jim,

Hmmmm. I installed the update and still get nothing. Two of the movies I tried previously didn't start "file not recognized" and one played for 7 seconds and then froze. Again the files play fine on my computer and through the Western Digital Live media player.

Any other idea's you have would be appreciated.

Jim

Paul
07-24-2012, 04:25 PM
Hi Jim,

Just an update - Mezzmo v2.6.7 has been released and it may improve your device detection and streaming. After installing the Mezzmo v2.6.7 update, go to the Media Devices dialog in Mezzmo and delete all your devices. Re-start your Mezzmo server and your devices will be correctly detected and re-listed in the Media Devices dialog.

commpro
07-27-2012, 06:52 AM
Hi Jim,

Just an update - Mezzmo v2.6.7 has been released and it may improve your device detection and streaming. After installing the Mezzmo v2.6.7 update, go to the Media Devices dialog in Mezzmo and delete all your devices. Re-start your Mezzmo server and your devices will be correctly detected and re-listed in the Media Devices dialog.

He Paul,

Well one movie is playing now but the others I've tried are still giving me the format not recognized. We're heading away and our free trial for Mezzmo will have expired by the time we return so I guess I'll turn my attention to other solutions. Just wanted to say thanks for the help.

Paul
07-27-2012, 12:18 PM
Hi commpro,

Contact us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com after you return, and we'll extend your trial and get you up and running.

commpro
08-29-2012, 02:30 AM
I got an extension to the free trial but I still can't get Mezzmo to play the vast majority of my files through my Samsung BD-C5500. Don't be offended, I've had the same issue with Samsung's PCSM, Serviio and Media Centre 17. I was really hoping Mezzmo would be the solution but am beginning to think I just need to ditch the Samsung POS and go to an LG DLNA device or WD Live.

Is it possible this is a hardware problem?

The files all play fine on my computer and through a WD Live hooked up to a different TV but all I get with the Samsung is "file not supported". Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Jim,

Paul
08-29-2012, 02:18 PM
Hi Jim,

Contact us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com, and we'll supply you with a patch that may improve things.

mark11
08-30-2012, 12:07 PM
Hi Jim,

Contact us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com, and we'll supply you with a patch that may improve things.

Perhaps he could try version 2.6.3. with the Samsung BDP (MKV) profile. With transcoding on, I can play just about any format using this combo (still working on some disconnect issues). I have a BD-C6500. I believe the only difference with the C6500 and the C5500 is the wireless capability.

Paul
08-30-2012, 05:44 PM
Thanks for the suggestion, mark11. Jim - let us know how you go with the patch.

commpro
08-31-2012, 11:54 AM
Thanks for the suggestion, mark11. Jim - let us know how you go with the patch.

Thanks Mark11. I've set the version I am running 2.6.7 to the Samsung BDP profile and will try that. I never got the patch. I emailed in two days ago and have received it yet. It isn't in my SPAM so not sure what's up.

Jim

Paul
08-31-2012, 02:57 PM
Hi Jim,

I found your email and have just replied with the patch details. Sorry for the delay.

commpro
09-04-2012, 08:56 AM
Hi Jim,

I found your email and have just replied with the patch details. Sorry for the delay.

I tried the patch and still nothing.

My free trial extension is almost done so I think this is the end of the road for me and Mezzmo. Too bad it had promise. I am curious how you were able to keep providing patches though without looking at any logs or anything. How were you able to tell what the problem might have been?

Thanks for all your assistance.

Jim

Paul
09-04-2012, 10:46 AM
I am curious how you were able to keep providing patches though without looking at any logs or anything. How were you able to tell what the problem might have been?

Hi Jim,

We have fixed several issues that do relate to your problem so we were hoping that they may also get you up and running. We're happy to continue to help you get back up and running if you wish to solve your streaming problems. You can contact us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we'll reset your trial period so you can continue to use Mezzmo whilst we work through your issues.