PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo 2.6.6.0

texmex
07-21-2012, 02:24 AM
Updated to the latest version today 2.6.6.0 and now nothing works. Every file I try to stream says "file not supported". It's the same with or without transcoding.
I reverted to 2.6.5.0 and everything works like normal. Anyone with the same problems?
Using a Samsung D-series TV through wired LAN.

BeFi
07-21-2012, 02:49 AM
I have exactly the same problem.

But different to your experience with 2.6.5. nothing worked for me on Samsung D. 2.6.3. was the last working release.

My other Samsung, a Samsung C has worked consistently with all recent updates and patches of Mezzmo - until 2.6.6 that is. Now my Samsung C also reports 'format not supported'.

Seems that Mezzmo has turned into 'Mess-Mo'.

alfatag
07-21-2012, 10:55 AM
Same here... after update Im also having 'format not supported'.

Conceiva Team, please open up a repository so we can grab previous versions. Im stuck on 2.6.6 and switching to Serviio while this mess is sorted out since I can't downgrade to 2.6.5.

Peter
07-21-2012, 12:01 PM
Hi,
this sounds like the device profile being used by Mezzmo for streaming to the device is incorrect, can you please try going to 'Media Devices' in Mezzmo and delete your devices from the list. Then when you restart your Mezzmo media server your devices should be rediscovered and associated with the correct device profiles.

BarKeep
07-21-2012, 12:09 PM
I've similar problems, using a Sony SMP N100. Since 2.6.1, I have had to set the generic 'Sony BDP, HT, SMP' profile rather than the correct 'Sony SMP N100 (PAL)' which worked fine and transcoded my MKV collection to M2TS.

If I use 2.6.5 with the correct profile it transcodes to MPEG and gives a file corrupt error, if I use the generic profile it transcodes to M2TS.

If I use 2.6.6 with either profile it transcodes to DIVX giving poor quality, stuttering and fast forward/back either freezes or ships to the next media. It always transcodes to DIVX with transcoding on or off.

Until this is sorted out can anyone tell me how to turn off automatic updates?:mad:

BarKeep
07-21-2012, 12:14 PM
Hi,
this sounds like the device profile being used by Mezzmo for streaming to the device is incorrect, can you please try going to 'Media Devices' in Mezzmo and delete your devices from the list. Then when you restart your Mezzmo media server your devices should be rediscovered and associated with the correct device profiles.

Been there, got the tee-shirt, in fact I also tried doing a complete un-install and re-install.

Peter
07-21-2012, 12:31 PM
Hi,
can you please try checking the box in 'Media Devices' to use only IP addresses to identify devices and then delete all the listed devices and restart your Mezzmo media server.

mark11
07-21-2012, 12:53 PM
Hi,
can you please try checking the box in 'Media Devices' to use only IP addresses to identify devices and then delete all the listed devices and restart your Mezzmo media server.

Anybody confirm this works? I took steps to role back to 2.6.3. I hesitate to upgrade to 2.6.6

Confuzed10
07-21-2012, 03:25 PM
Anybody confirm this works? I took steps to role back to 2.6.3. I hesitate to upgrade to 2.6.6

Yeah, this worked for me.
Using version 2.6.6.0 I was having the problem as initially described, also on a Samsung D-series TV, every file came up "Format not supported".
I stopped the server, deleted the device profile for Samsung TV and then restarted the server.
Now all the files play perfectly, and with no lag as I was having with earlier 2.6.5.x versions.

texmex
07-21-2012, 04:22 PM
Yeah, this worked for me.
Using version 2.6.6.0 I was having the problem as initially described, also on a Samsung D-series TV, every file came up "Format not supported".
I stopped the server, deleted the device profile for Samsung TV and then restarted the server.
Now all the files play perfectly, and with no lag as I was having with earlier 2.6.5.x versions.

This also solved my problems.

BeFi
07-21-2012, 05:46 PM
I tried the same. Now the device recognition isn't working any more.

My Samsung D isn't recognized any more. I added it manually. MP2 files were visible and could be streamed / viewed.
When powering the Samsung D off/on it reappeared as a unidentified NTSC device in Messmo's device list. I could off course edit it to become Samsung D but that can't be meant like that. I use DNS in my home network.

My Samsung C was immediately recognized as the correct Samsung model (UE40C8790) and works.

robertb1969
07-21-2012, 07:11 PM
The whole device recognition has gone to shit to put it bluntly. I have cleared out all my devices as I was having the problem with my Samsung C series TV not playing anything. When it start recognizing devices again I had some ok (Samsung 3D-BDP), the TV initially thought it was an unidentified NTSC device but then a little while later I got a second entry for the same IP address with the TV correctly identified. Next I checked the device list I had two TVs (Samsung C Series) on the same IP address but different MAC addresses and checking what each MAC address was I found the second one was the PC running Mezzmo (ie. Windows 7). The whole thing seems very buggy and unfortunately that has been a bit the flavour of the last several updates!

Confuzed10
07-21-2012, 07:11 PM
I tried the same. Now the device recognition isn't working any more.

My Samsung D isn't recognized any more. I added it manually. MP2 files were visible and could be streamed / viewed.
When powering the Samsung D off/on it reappeared as a unidentified NTSC device in Messmo's device list. I could off course edit it to become Samsung D but that can't be meant like that. I use DNS in my home network.

My Samsung C was immediately recognized as the correct Samsung model (UE40C8790) and works.

Actually this hasn't solved my problem at all. It did work initially but as soon as I switched off the Samsung TV and switched it back on the "File format not supported" error message was back.
Also, once I have it working again by deleting the device and letting it reconnect it will only play one file and then the same error message will return.

This must be a serious bug in the software it would seem.

Lodewyk.deKock
07-21-2012, 09:04 PM
2.6.6.0 is broken. Does not work on any of my devices.... Reverted back to 2.6.5.0. Luckily I kept backup of the previous installer!!!

jeffreybc55
07-22-2012, 02:30 AM
Broken!!! Samsung D is not seeing Mezzmo....PS3 sees mezzmo but tells me I have no files to play even after I reconstructed my library from scratch. Also, I have been having problems streaming large file movies to the Samsung D latlely...lots of "Loading" stops and studders....I think I was either on 2.6.5 or 2.6.4 cant remember at this point.....All I know is that I am back at 2.6.3

What's going on Mezzmo wizards?

-logs added to post

texmex
07-22-2012, 04:57 AM
I retract my "working" status with 2.6.6.0. After the TV been shut off and on again I can't see Mezzmo in the Samsung Allshare list. Mezzmo shows it in the Media Devices.
Going back to 2.6.5.0.

Nyarlathotep
07-22-2012, 05:00 AM
With all the reported issues with 2.6.6, I think I'll stay with 2.6.5 (with an updated Sony BDP profile from Conceiva support) for now.

cordeiro
07-22-2012, 06:20 AM
Dear texmex member

Today, 21 of july of 2012 I had the same problem, that I've already repported to Conceiva support people. My problem occurs with every file in TV's Samsung series D, UN32D5500 and UN55D8000, and I can't see the file, and the stream says "file not supported". Im my case the information appears in brasilian portuguese language ("arquivo não suportado").

VpointVick
07-22-2012, 07:25 AM
My problem is different, but just as bad. I can play files on my LG LM7600, but playback frequently hangs up, and video will also freeze for periods while audio will continue, causing out of sync issues.

I've tried multiple files and file types with the same results, and have to yet to have successful playback since the 2.6.6 update. I am backdating now.

Playstation3Guy
07-22-2012, 11:32 AM
I had problems playing files on my Playstation3, I saw in Media Devices that the Mezzmo server had the same IP address as my Playstation 3, so I set the Playstation profile for this device and streaming worked.

jeffreybc55
07-22-2012, 12:13 PM
Are the wizards in Australia awake yet? This, for lack of a better word is a disaster. I love Mezzmo and recommend this to all of my "tech friends" as I work in the tech biz. I'm starting to look bad. Can anyone post a link to 2.6.5 for me please?

BeFi
07-22-2012, 07:07 PM
Actually this hasn't solved my problem at all. It did work initially but as soon as I switched off the Samsung TV and switched it back on the "File format not supported" error message was back.
Also, once I have it working again by deleting the device and letting it reconnect it will only play one file and then the same error message will return.

This must be a serious bug in the software it would seem.

I see us zooming in on the root cause of the problem and it seems to be solely related to device recognition.

The communality in what robertb19669, Confused10,texmex and myself experienced is that after powering the TV off and on it wasn't recognized under its former device entry any more. And this is likely related to dynamic IP addresses through DNS (which I assume most of use).

I actually oberserved with 2.6.6. on Saturday that at first my Samsung D was not recognized at all but there was a NTSC generic device, then I renamed the NTSC device to Samsung D, then suddenly an entry with the correct MAC address of my Samsung D was recognized with model 'Samsung C'. I edited the model to be Samsung D and streaming worked perfectly.

But after powering the TV off and on it got another entry in the device list, again with model 'Samsung C'. The former entry I had changed to Samsung D was gone. So - on any dynamic change of IP addresses - the devices change and don't work any more due to improper assignment of device models.

What concerns me is that our Mess-Mo ;-) wizards seem to have run out of ideas on how to get back to stability. 2.6 has been a Mess from its first release. I hope this is just the occasional hiccup in sofwtare engineering.

tkpro
07-23-2012, 02:11 AM
Mezzmo 2.6.3 http://www.conceiva.com/downloads/2630_mezzmo-setup.exe

Mezzmo 2.6.4 http://www.conceiva.com/downloads/2640_mezzmo-setup.exe

Mezzmo 2.6.5 http://www.conceiva.com/downloads/2650_mezzmo-setup.exe

Paul
07-23-2012, 01:50 PM
Sorry for the troubles. We have found the problem and we are fixing it now. We will release an update in the next 24 hours.

mark11
07-23-2012, 04:07 PM
Sorry for the troubles. We have found the problem and we are fixing it now. We will release an update in the next 24 hours.

Glad I asked... Glad I waited...

Bonzo
07-24-2012, 12:58 AM
Had the same problem Updated to the latest version today 2.6.6.0 and now nothing works. Finally given up with DLNA, Mezzemo was the best but now removed and will be storing media on local HD and playing out locally, having wasted a day on my server.

tcrankwa
07-24-2012, 06:23 AM
My problem is different, but just as bad. I can play files on my LG LM7600, but playback frequently hangs up, and video will also freeze for periods while audio will continue, causing out of sync issues.

I've tried multiple files and file types with the same results, and have to yet to have successful playback since the 2.6.6 update. I am backdating now.

Same problem with my Samsung BDPs.

Paul
07-24-2012, 01:03 PM
The fixes in the new update have been tested by several users and they have confirmed it is working well. So we are not preparing the minor release for all users. Should be released later today.

Paul
07-24-2012, 04:14 PM
We have fixed the problems you have reported in Mezzmo v2.6.6 and a new Mezzmo v2.6.7 update is now available for download. Several users have already confirmed their problems are fixed after applying this new update. After installing the Mezzmo v2.6.7 update, go to the Media Devices dialog in Mezzmo and delete all your devices. Re-start your Mezzmo server and your devices will be correctly detected and re-listed in the Media Devices dialog.

BeFi
07-25-2012, 02:52 AM
2.6.7. seems to be fine again! Devices recognized, MP2 files are streaming, folder navigation as fast as before 2.6.

Update July 28:
All seemed good with 2.6.7 and Samsung TVs ar first but only until I tried to view video streams to their end. The streams are interrupted after 5-20 mins with a 'Device Disconnected' error and the TV reverts to TV reception. Mezzmo reconnects to the TV. I can restart streaming immediately but with the same effect. The video is MP2 and is not transcoded when streamed.

So 2.6.7. is still far from good for Samsung Ds.

VpointVick
07-25-2012, 07:32 AM
I'm still down. The only thing listed in my media device list is Mezzmo itself. None of my other devices (LG 47LM7600, PS3, two iterations of Win Media Player) are recognized. I did an uninstall and reinstall as well, to no effect.

NM, fixed by using the configure win firewall tab. Weird that I had never needed to do that before. :confused:

Paul
07-25-2012, 10:09 AM
Glad you are up and running again. Your Windows firewall settings for Mezzmo were removed during the uninstall, but were not not re-instated when installing again - which is strange. We'll take a look at this.

tcrankwa
07-25-2012, 11:36 PM
Should we still have "Use only IP Adresses to identify devices" checked?

Paul
07-26-2012, 12:02 PM
Should we still have "Use only IP Adresses to identify devices" checked?

Typically, you should not have this option checked. You only need to check it if you are using a bridge on your home network and the bridge is unable to forward MAC addresses (click on the Help button on the Media Devices dialog in Mezzmo to better understand using a bridge with Mezzmo). If you have this option checked due to recent issues in the last few Mezzmo releases, then I would recommend you turn it off again. Delete all your devices and restart your Mezzmo server. If you have any problems, let us know.