PDA

View Full Version : Correct profile for Panasonic DMR BWT720?

IvanFraser
07-24-2012, 10:35 PM
The profile is coming up as Generic Device (NTSC). I have tried the (PAL) too and although it will stream .avis and pictures, it won't stream .mkvs. or music files.

Do we have a profile for this device yet please?

Thank you

Ivan

Paul
07-25-2012, 10:12 AM
Hi Ivan,

Please try the "Panasonic BDP" or "Panasonic BDP (MKV)" or "Panasonic BDP (MPTEG-TS)" device profiles. Restart your Mezzmo server after changing the device profile. Let us know how you go.

IvanFraser
07-25-2012, 06:30 PM
I did add this after my post, but it hasn't come through.

I've tried all the Panasonic profiles now. The BDP ones will variously only play certain files. If I recall correctly, the BDP profile will play mp4 and avi, but not music or mkv. The others will not play MKVs - but they will load the first second or two and then freeze.

The most successful one is Panasonic HT. This will play all the files I've tried: music, pictures and the video formats avi (Divx), mp4 and MKV (both HD files).

However, it renders 2.35:1 mkvs as full screen 16:9 - stretching them upwards. 16:9 files play okay. (Whereas my Viera with the Panasonic Viera profile plays all of these just fine).

It looks like the HT profile just needs a tweak to modify it to DMR.

Thanks

Ivan

Paul
07-25-2012, 09:53 PM
Thanks for the testing feedback, Ivan. Please contact us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we'll provide a tweaked Panasonic HT device profile. In your email, please include the FFmpeg information for one of the video files that is 2.35:1. To do this, right-click on the file in Mezzmo and click 'Get FFmpeg Information'.