PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Transcoding certain files only

nilesf
07-25-2012, 10:23 AM
Is there a way to tell Mezzmo to only pre-transcode certain files (e.g. *.mkv)? It is pre-transcoding every file (e.g. *.mpeg) even though my device plays them just fine without transcoding.

Thanks,
Niles

Paul
07-25-2012, 10:27 AM
Hi Niles,

A few questions:

What version of Mezzmo are you running? If not v2.6.7, then please upgrade to it. After upgrading, delete all your devices in the Media Devices dialog and restart your Mezzmo server to get them re-listed.
What DLNA device do you have (including model number)?
What device profile is assigned to your device in the Media Devices dialog in Mezzmo?
What is the FFmeg information on one of the MPEG files that is being wrongly transcoded? To get this, right-click on the file in Mezzmo and click 'Get FFmpeg Information'.

nilesf
07-25-2012, 07:42 PM
Hi Niles,

A few questions:

What version of Mezzmo are you running? If not v2.6.7, then please upgrade to it. After upgrading, delete all your devices in the Media Devices dialog and restart your Mezzmo server to get them re-listed.
What DLNA device do you have (including model number)?
What device profile is assigned to your device in the Media Devices dialog in Mezzmo?
What is the FFmeg information on one of the MPEG files that is being wrongly transcoded? To get this, right-click on the file in Mezzmo and click 'Get FFmpeg Information'.

That did the trick. Updated to 2.6.7.0, rebooted, deleted my device, and when my device reappered only MKV files are transcoding. Awesome!

Paul
07-25-2012, 09:48 PM
Great that you are up and running now. Thanks for posting back.