PDA

View Full Version : LG bp620 issues

chrisvdh
07-26-2012, 02:27 AM
I am busy testing Mezzmo 2.6.7.0 to see if it fit my need. I have a Samsung and LG players. On the samsung player Mezzmo work 100% but my issues start with the LG BP620 player.

1. Mezzmo detects the LG Bluray Player as a Pioneer with a pioneer bdp profile. I have corrected it and selected the LG Bluray or any of the LG profiles.
2. I connect via the wifi connection. It worked for one or two times and now doesn't matter what I do or profile I select, it sees Mezzmo in the LG service list but doesn't pick-up any playlist. I have deleted the device in the mezzmo list to try and get mezzmo to pick it up again.

I have installed the Nero software that come with the player and that works 100% without any issues, but I would like to have one software to work with both my players.

What am I doing wrong?

Any assistance please.

Paul
07-26-2012, 12:08 PM
Please send us a set of logs when you try connecting to Mezzmo using your LG BDP player. Set the device profile to 'LG BluRay' in the Media Devices dialog. Then, turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Connect to Mezzmo using your LG BDP player and try browsing playlists, etc. When it fails, stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs and send them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

chrisvdh
07-27-2012, 05:55 AM
Thank you Paul.

I will run the logs this weekend.

chrisvdh
07-30-2012, 12:17 AM
Hi,

I don't know what is going on but I could not get the problem to happen again. The few times I tested the LG player it worked fine now.

I will keep monitoring it.

BeFi
07-30-2012, 12:44 AM
Hi,

I don't know what is going on but I could not get the problem to happen again.

Did you test this with logging still ON?

I ask because I reported a strange behavior for my Samsung D TV with 2.6.7:
It suffers from device disconnects every 5-20 mins until I activate logging. With logging ON it suddenly works rock stable. Effect reproducible as often as I want.

Would be interesting to get confirmed by you.

chrisvdh
07-31-2012, 02:16 AM
@BeFi

I have tested it now with logging on as well as off and it is still working correct. I even stopped and started the server and closed Mezzmo, still working. The only problem is still, when I delete the device Mezzmo picks the Pioneer profile and not LG Bluray.

I am still testing and will post the results.

Paul
07-31-2012, 09:50 AM
Hi chrisvdh,

Thanks for testing this & reporting your findings.

Please do send us a set of logs and we can improve the auto-detection of your LG Blu-ray so it is not detected as a Pioneer device. Send them to support [at] conceiva [dot] com.