PDA

View Full Version : Sony VGF-WA1 assist with profile.

Quigongentoo
07-26-2012, 09:30 AM
Hello everyone!

Hey I just tried my Sony VGF-WA1, it came up as generic NTSC when Mezzmo found it. I was wondering if anyone else has tried this as it doesn't work well with that profile. If so, or if there is some way I can make one, or perhaps one could be made for it I would be grateful for the information. I changed the profile to Bravia KDL and it helped some but it still skips about here and there. I am trans-coding from flac to I believe mp3 but I would like to send the highest quality mp3 I can to it. I have used this device quite successfully with Asset upnp but I don't really want both servers running. Thanks in advance for any help

Paul
07-26-2012, 11:23 AM
We don't yet have a dedicated device profile for this device, but we can create one. Please try the "TerraTec Noxon" device profile and let us know how that goes.

In addition, please send us a set of logs and that will help us create the device profile. Turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Connect to Mezzmo using your Sony music player and try browsing playlists, playing music, etc. After playing a few files, stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs and send them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

Quigongentoo
07-26-2012, 07:13 PM
Thanks Paul,

Ill get that done this evening.

Quigongentoo
07-28-2012, 09:41 AM
For any of you that may have this device, I have tested a new profile that Conceiva sent me and it is working very well. I suspect that they will add the profile in the next update.

Paul
07-28-2012, 09:46 AM
Hi Quigongentoo,

Thanks for letting us know it is working well. We will include the Sony VGF device profile in the next Mezzmo release. If you have a Sony VGF digital music player and would like the device profile now, just contact us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.