PDA

View Full Version : 2.6.7. on Samsung D causes repeat device disconnects

BeFi
07-29-2012, 04:35 AM
Update Oct 01: Disconnects are resolved with 2.7.1.

All seemed good with 2.6.7 and Samsung TVs at first but only until I tried to view video streams to their end.

The streams viewed on Samsung D are interrupted after 5-20 mins with a 'Device Disconnected' error and the TV reverts to TV reception. Mezzmo reconnects to the TV. I can restart streaming immediately but with the same effect. The video is MP2 and is not transcoded when streamed.

Now you will say 'Send us logs', So I switched on logging, replayed the stream that had just failed during three attempts and presto I went through to the end. Restarted the stream with logging ON, played fine, third time with logging ON played fine.

Now guess: Logging OFF, stream interrupted after 5 mins (device disconnected), seccnd run without logging, stream interrupted after 20 mins (device disconnected).

Essence: No logs of the device disconnects. Please don't repeat your earlier comment that 'Logging shouldn't affect streaming'. I have the second proof that it does.

Logs of the said stream playing fine with logging ON to the end on Samsung D have been set to you via email.

My other Samsung - a Samsung C - plays streams fine. I watched several MP2 streams in the past days and none was interrupted.

You see me deeply frustrated about Mess-Mo. Version 2.6 has been nothing but disaster since its initial shipment. Drop it, let your users revert to 2.5 and start over!

Paul
07-30-2012, 04:48 PM
Thanks for reporting this, BeFi. Sorry for your frustrations. We'll find the problem and fix it ASAP. We have your logs via support email, so we'll get back to you as soon as we have determined the problem.

BeFi
08-03-2012, 04:23 AM
Did you manage to determine the problem yet? I am keen to have my Samsung D re-enabled. Its in high demand by the family.

Paul
08-03-2012, 10:31 AM
Did you manage to determine the problem yet?

Possibly - we'll contact you shortly with a few things to try.

ljohnson108
08-06-2012, 05:38 AM
Possibly - we'll contact you shortly with a few things to try.
I am having the same issue with a Samsung D series - please let me know when this is resolved.

thx

mark11
08-06-2012, 06:00 AM
I am having the same issue with a Samsung D series - please let me know when this is resolved.

thx

Not sure if we are looking at a same issue here but I have frequest disconnects from the BD-C6500. 263 to 267... version does not matter.

Paul
08-06-2012, 09:41 AM
Thanks for reporting this. We've been looking into the disconnect issue since BeFi reported it and trying to reproduce it. As soon as we have a fix, we will post back here with an update.

BeFi
08-08-2012, 04:40 AM
Thanks for reporting this. We've been looking into the disconnect issue since BeFi reported it and trying to reproduce it. As soon as we have a fix, we will post back here with an update.

Paul - I am now waiting for 10 days to see progress on the issue. I need at least a dependable indication when we can expect another attempt to fix the disconnect and stutter issues. I can perfectly accept an indication that you guys need time - I can go back to 2.5 and stay there until a proven-to-be-working version of Mess-Mo is available.

duroyprofundo said it perfectly "I would just like a version that I know works properly. I don't need any of the special "features" you've added to 2.6 -- I just want to stream videos to my device without stuttering, crashes, and "corrupt file" errors" - Sic!

edgar78
08-08-2012, 06:04 AM
Paul - I am now waiting for 10 days to see progress on the issue. I need at least a dependable indication when we can expect another attempt to fix the disconnect and stutter issues. I can perfectly accept an indication that you guys need time - I can go back to 2.5 and stay there until a proven-to-be-working version of Mess-Mo is available.

duroyprofundo said it perfectly "I would just like a version that I know works properly. I don't need any of the special "features" you've added to 2.6 -- I just want to stream videos to my device without stuttering, crashes, and "corrupt file" errors" - Sic!

I agree with all the above, I have a Samsung D series and since the last upgrade I am considering giving Nero media home or Twonky another shot.

Paul
08-08-2012, 08:05 AM
Hi BeFi & edgar78,

For the moment, please go back to Mezzmo v2.5.0.0 (http://www.conceiva.com/downloads/2500_mezzmo-setup.exe) whilst we track down the problem. We cannot reproduce the disconnect problem here which is very frustrating. As you note, when you have logging turned on, it does not occur so the logs you have sent us do not show the problem occurring. We have been setting up various network environments and stress testing Mezzmo server whilst streaming to try to get the disconnect to occur but have been unable to as yet. We have not given up and will fix it. We just need a little more time.

Paul
08-08-2012, 11:16 AM
We'll have a Samsung D-series TV here tomorrow for testing so that should let us finally track down the problem. I'll report back with our findings. Thanks for your patience.

edgar78
08-08-2012, 07:37 PM
We'll have a Samsung D-series TV here tomorrow for testing so that should let us finally track down the problem. I'll report back with our findings. Thanks for your patience.

Would be nice if the device profile for Samsung D series TV's also did proper transcoding for AVCHD as the TV's don't play it and I have no idea how to set it up, I bought mezzmo as it "transcodes on the fly" it's never done that for me.

No support for 3D picture files

every single video from my camcorder or camera now stutters. would it not be a good idea for the maximum non stuttering bit rate to also be advised with a profile?

The only thing that works for me on this device is streaming my DVD rips, for everything else I'm assuming a hard drive is the bets option, so I can keep the quality I want and not have streaming stutter

BeFi
08-09-2012, 03:44 AM
Hi BeFi & edgar78,

For the moment, please go back to Mezzmo v2.5.0.0 (http://www.conceiva.com/downloads/2500_mezzmo-setup.exe) whilst we track down the problem.

Done, back on 2.5. And with a 2.5 library backup did not even have to spend time to recreate the library and playlists.
Thanks Paul for your clear advice. Take your time and get Mess-Mo back to Mezzmo. A stable version issued in a few weeks time is better than rushing fixes at the expense of side effects.

Paul
08-09-2012, 12:59 PM
Done, back on 2.5. And with a 2.5 library backup did not even have to spend time to recreate the library and playlists.
Thanks Paul for your clear advice. Take your time and get Mess-Mo back to Mezzmo. A stable version issued in a few weeks time is better than rushing fixes at the expense of side effects.

Thanks, BeFi. We're testing now with our Samsung D-series TV. We'll fix up the disconnect issue, AVCHD playing and any other formats that don't play in our testing. Once done, I'll contact you so you can test it in your home environment.

BeFi
10-02-2012, 04:00 AM
I just want to report that both my Samsung D as well as my Samsung C are streaming MPEG2 files fine with Mezzmo 2.7.1. That closes the thread from my end.

Paul
10-02-2012, 07:03 AM
Great to hear you are up and running now, BeFi. Thanks for the confirmation.