PDA

View Full Version : TX-P42VT20 Which profile to use

Roxter
07-29-2012, 06:54 AM
Hello to the other side of the globe :-) !
I am currently trying to figure out which device profile to use for my Panasonic TX-P42VT20.
Tried the Viera TV and the Viera TV (2011 models) but I with both I have trouble fast forwarding videos. After FF I tried to resume the video but playback suddenly stops and Pana TV goes back to its media server menue.
Can you recommend a profile or custom build one?

Best wishes!
Roxter

Paul
07-30-2012, 11:07 AM
Hi Roxter,

I'd suggest using the Panasonic Viera (2011 models) device profile. The FF/REW issue you mention may be related to transcoding on-the-fly. When Mezzmo streams a file to your TV that your TV does not support, Mezzmo server will transcode it on-the-fly to a format that it will support. Whilst transcoding is taking place, FF/REW on some devices does not work well (since you may be trying to FF to a place in the file that has not yet been transcoded).

A possible solution for you is to pre-transcode the file before streaming it. That way, the file is read to be streamed without any further transcoding. To pre-transcode a file, right-click on the file in Mezzmo and click 'Pre-transcode File'.

If no success, then please post the FFmpeg information on the file you are having problems with. To do this, right-click on the file in Mezzmo and click 'Get FFmpeg Information'.