PDA

View Full Version : Subtitles not working with Oppo

Pavlov
07-29-2012, 11:29 AM
Hi,

Subtitles rarely work when streaming to my BDP-93 player. Any suggestions?

Thank you

Paul
07-30-2012, 10:16 AM
Given that some external subtitles do display on your Oppo when streaming from Mezzmo, then we know that your Oppo BDP model does support streaming & playing external subtitles.

A few reasons why certain subtitle files may not work are:

Make sure your subtitle file is in the same folder as your video file and contains the same file name (e.g. inception.mkv and inception.srt).
The external subtitle file may be badly formed (i.e. not correct format) so your Oppo cannot read it & display the text from within it. Try renaming another external subtitle file to the name of the video you are playing and see if that works. If it does, then it suggests something is wrong with the original external subtitle file.
The encoding of the external subtitle file may be not supported by your Oppo. By encoding, I mean UTF-8, Unicode, Western European 1252, etc. Perhaps try to open the external file in a text editor and save it as Unicode or UTF-8 and see if that helps.
If you added the external subtitle file into the folder on your computer after adding the video file into your Mezzmo library, then you will need to maintain this folder so Mezzmo picks it up. Right-click on the playlist/folder in Mezzmo and click 'Maintain Playlist'.

If that does not help, then send us a set of logs and we can see what your Oppo is doing when Mezzmo tells you device that there are external subtitles for a video file. Turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Connect to Mezzmo using your Oppo and try to play a video that you know has a external subtitle file. When it does not display subtitles, stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs and send them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.