PDA

View Full Version : Title displayed as bunch of small square boxes

Jamtinge
07-30-2012, 05:50 AM
Dear conceiva,

Since the last few updates, mezzmo displays title of video file with small square boxes.
( title in korean )
It shows numbers just fine but korean. However it displays titles just fine for the files ive had before the update.

It is only happening to the files i newly downnload. Mezzmo plays the files fine though.

It just bugs me that i have to play fiels to see what they are since i cant read titles.

Id like to know if u r aware of this issue or its just me experiencing this problem.
I have a samsung d seriess tv

Thank you

Paul
07-30-2012, 10:58 AM
Thanks for reporting this. Please make sure you are running Mezzmo v2.6.7.0 (see Help -> About dialog to check this). Upgrade if required. Next, go to the Media Devices dialog in Mezzmo and delete all devices. Restart your Mezzmo server and your Samsung D-series TV will be re-listed. Try listing your files on your TV now. If they are still wrong, then we need to see a set of logs to determine what Mezzmo is sending to your TV. Turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your TV. Connect to Mezzmo server using your TV and list the files. When they are displayed wrongly, then stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all logs and send them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

Jamtinge
08-01-2012, 09:43 AM
Hi Paul,

I've just tried what you suggested with no luck. Therefore, I've just emailed the log files to the email you mentioned.

One thing I've noticed is that, in mezzmo, it shows my TV correctly as UN55D6500 but the profile is for Samsung C series. So I did try switching it to Samsung D, but the problem does not go away.

Please let me know what you find out regarding this issue.

Thank you.

Paul
08-01-2012, 09:47 AM
Thanks for the logs, Jamtinge. We'll look into it now and report back.

Jamtinge
08-03-2012, 09:02 AM
I've just emailed you a link. Hope this helps with the problem.

Paul
08-03-2012, 10:03 AM
Many thanks - we'll download the sample file now and test it. We'll report back after we have fixed the problem.

Jamtinge
08-24-2012, 11:43 AM
Hi Paul,

Thank you for the patch.

The patch seems to work flawlessly and i don't see any problems with it. The only thing is that the patch only applies to the new files I donwload

(meaning existing old files still shown with weird characters, but whatever I newly download, they are ok)
--> got this issue resolved by deleting the library and adding the folders again; I assume there is somekind of playlist organized for the folders in library?

Anyways, the patch works great!

One more question, I did not mention this problem before as i saw so many posts, but I am also experiencing the resume problem on my samsung D TV.
Are you planning to release the next update anytime soon, or should I ask for the patch? Only asking because I saw another thread you guys are sending out the patch via email.

Thank you.

Paul
08-24-2012, 05:16 PM
Hi Jamtinge,

Resume should work in the patch that we sent you (v2.6.7.15 - check Help/About dialog to see version you are running).

Make sure you have the 'Use only IP addresses to identify devices' checkbox unchecked in the Media Devices dialog. It it was checked, then please uncheck it and delete all your devices from the Media Devices dialog and restart your Mezzmo server. After that, resume on your Samsung TV should work fine after that.