PDA

View Full Version : Pictures from Canon Rebel will not stream to TV

nodnyl
07-31-2012, 01:40 AM
Mezzmo newest version, Windows 7, 64 bit. Took photos using Canon Rebel 12 megapixel camera - storing as JPG files varying in size 6MP to 12MP depending on subject. My Sony BDP is set to default (NTSC, no divx) and older pictures play on TV without any issue. Also, put some new pictures taken on same trip using iPhone 4, seem to be about 3MP in size, and THEY WORK FINE. So, settings appear to be OK.

Is there a maximum picture/photo size that can be sent by Mezzmo? If not, what can be stopping my pictures?

Symptoms:

* I can see all of the picture icons within the folder on the TV and they look fine.

* When I press play, either single picture or slideshow, I get a broken icon on the TV (from the BDP) but the slideshow keeps cycling.

* I have tried "auto," 1080P, 1080i, and 720P resolutions on the BDP, no difference.

* Pre-transcoding does not help.

Thanks.

Paul
07-31-2012, 08:43 AM
Mezzmo can send any size photos to devices. The device profile that has been selected for a device defines the maximum photo size that a device may accept. The Sony BDP device profiles have a setting of a maximum of 4096x4096 pixels for photos, so if your photos are larger, then Mezzmo will transcode them to fit this maximum size.

Please send us a set of logs and we'll see what is going wrong. Turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Connect to Mezzmo server using your Sony BDP and reproduce the problem you mention. Then, stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all logs and send them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

jmmontoro
07-31-2012, 10:42 AM
Bravias only support JPEG YCbCr 4:2:2 or 4:2:0 formats.
JPEG YCbCr 4:4:4 is not supported.

Paul
07-31-2012, 12:33 PM
I just tried one of nodnyl's Cannon Rebel JPEG files and it displays fine on our Sony BDP player (either natively or transcoded). It appears from nodnyl's logs that Mezzmo server is unable to access the JPEG file - suggesting either the JPEG file does not exist at the location, or that Mezzmo server cannot access that drive or folder. If the drive containing the photos is a NAS drive, then make sure the NAS drive is not in sleeping mode, and that Mezzmo and Mezzmo media server has full read access to the NAS drive. You may need to set up a guest account or user account names on your NAS drive with the same names as that you are using Mezzmo on your Windows computer.