PDA

View Full Version : no language/subs selection with Philips 4000 serie

[T]yphoon
07-31-2012, 09:36 PM
well i cant select any language/subs when i am playing a mkv file
it does stream it directly without transcoding it

i tried handbrake .9.8 but the new file isnt viewed by Mezzmo

so i was hoping this will be fixed, or someone with a Philips 4000 serie tv has a working profile for it

Paul
08-01-2012, 10:31 AM
Hi [T]yphoon,

When Mezzmo server streams your video file directly to your TV, then Mezzmo server does not change the video file in anyway. So, if the video file has embedded language/subs inside it, then it is up to your TV's firmware & feature set if it can display these languages/subs that are embedded into the video file. If you have external subtitle files (.SRT, .SUB, .SMI), then Mezzmo server will present these to your TV and, if you TV supports displaying external subtitle files, then it will stream them from Mezzmo server & display them. For external subtitle files, two things to remember: (i) make sure the external subtitle is in the same folder as the video file and the file name matches the video file name (e.g. c:\inception.mkv and c:\inception.srt), and (ii) if you added the subtitle file into the folder on your computer after adding the video file into your Mezzmo library, then you will need to maintain this playlist/folder in Mezzmo so that Mezzmo picks up the subtitle file (to do this, right-click on the playlist/folder in Mezzmo and click 'Maintain Playlist').

[T]yphoon
08-02-2012, 09:10 AM
i already called Philips about this, because i tested it with a different DLNA program, and it does the same

btw, make a option that if it transcodes, what subs/audio you want to prefer it too
so, if you have a mkv file that has english and dutch audio/subs, and you have prefered English audio and Dutch subs
then it will transcode it with those settings

Paul
08-02-2012, 10:04 AM
yphoon;17340']btw, make a option that if it transcodes, what subs/audio you want to prefer it too
so, if you have a mkv file that has english and dutch audio/subs, and you have prefered English audio and Dutch subs
then it will transcode it with those settings

Thanks for the suggestion, [T]yphoon. This will be included in the upcoming major new version of Mezzmo that has full subtitle support (including selecting external, embedded and burn subtitle options)