PDA

View Full Version : Panasonic 2012 - Issues / Questions

Bushmills
08-01-2012, 08:31 AM
I just recently purchased a 2012 model Panasonic plasma (TC-P55ST50). I'm streaming media from my computer (wireless connection tested at 144.5mbps transfer rate to the router), to the TV (hardwired to the router via ethernet cable), via Mezzmo (current version). I'm having some frustration and would appreciate input and advice on the following:

1. If I use any other device profile than "Panasonic Viera 3D (No Divx)", many of my video files come up as Format Not Supported. However, if I use the above mentioned format, some 1080 Mkv (H.264) files stutter and jerk. Confident that I have decent bandwidth (unless someone can advise me of a test I haven't tried yet, which I really would appreciate), I'm not sure why I'm having this trouble streaming some video files.

2. Periodically, some video files will display "cannot read file", pause, then play. Not sure why, but it seems to be related to the above issue (happens mostly to the same files).

I'm not certain whether these issues are caused by Mezzmo, the TV, or my hardware. I've done everything I know to do to diagnose bandwidth flow and issues, but I'm by no means an expert. If anyone could help, it would be most appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Paul
08-01-2012, 09:21 AM
Please contact us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com for a device profile that better matches your TV model.

Bushmills
08-01-2012, 11:01 PM
Thanks Paul, will do.

Draxman
08-01-2012, 11:12 PM
Bushmills, I have a almost the same TV and experienced similar problems. See my thread about multiple versions of ffmpreg.exe running. Paul advised me of a solution which worked. Unfortunately you need to pre-transcode your videos. If you get a better solution for "on the fly" or more dynamic video display please post it here.

Bushmills
08-02-2012, 07:52 AM
Thanks for the input Draxman. I read your thread - it was a good learn. Though in my case, there aren't multiple versions of FF running. Also, starting today, some of the files that were jittering, are sometimes running smooth (sometimes). Not sure if it's related, but I deleted all device profiles, restarted the pc, and Mezzmo, and let the video preview for a few seconds before starting it. Doing these steps "seems" to be helping, but may be purely coincidental.

Currently waiting on the feedback from Mezzmo on my email - will keep you updated. Hopefully both our problems will be solved. I can't imagine having to pre-transcode every video - that would be a deal breaker for me.
Cheers,
Bushmills

Paul
08-02-2012, 09:02 AM
Currently waiting on the feedback from Mezzmo on my email - will keep you updated.

Got your email, Bushmills. We will send you a new device profile to try shortly.

Bushmills
08-02-2012, 11:52 AM
Hi Paul - thanks for the update, and the quick response. The Customer Service / Tech Assistance at Mezzmo is truly outstanding!
Cheers,
Bushmills

sytze-v
08-02-2012, 11:40 PM
I Have also A panasonic Viera VT30 2011 model but zins i had a update van mezzmo version 2.6.7.0 I have the same problem. before with version 2.5 / 2.6 I had NO problem with connection and cannot read while playing or pause , When I start a video it starts and after a few seconds it freezes but first it loses the subtitel and then it goes to : frees then cant read file , or frees then tv responds not more and i neat to restart tv , or frees then wait please and than it returns to video. the version before 2.6.7.0 I had somtimes problems with not recognize the subs .

divices profile - panasonic viera (2011 models)
and enabled transcoding

Paul
08-03-2012, 10:01 AM
Hi sytze-v,

Can you post the FFmpeg information on a video file that no longer plays smoothly with Mezzmo v2.6.7.0, but did play smoothly with previous versions? To do this, right-click on the file in Mezzmo and click 'Get FFmpeg Information'. Also, please send us a set of logs when you stream this file to your TV. Turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Stream the video file to your TV and when it starts to stutter or stop, then stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs and send them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

sytze-v
08-04-2012, 01:54 AM
that's a bit difficult because it does not work every time with the same file, but the ffmpeg file is added to this post. in the first bit is the file that was standing still the second is from a file that have's a subtitle in it but the subtitle remains in the middle of the TV.

kallark
12-17-2012, 01:28 AM
was 2012 Viera Profile issue ever resolved. I have TCP55ST50 and tried mezzmo but it does not work. Any plans to release an update with 2012 Panasonic support?

Paul
12-17-2012, 09:22 AM
We do have a 'Panasonic Veira (2012 models)' device profile. It will be included in the upcoming Mezzmo v3.0 version - or you can email us now at support [at] conceiva [dot] com to try it.