PDA

View Full Version : Setting up Mezzmo for multiple users in Windows 7?

matwer
08-07-2012, 03:16 PM
Hi,

I have set up Mezzmo on my home computer and pre-transcoded my video library (which btw took days...).
However, all members of our family have their own user accounts (without password, only for convenience).

How do you set up Mezzmo to look the same, regardless of who is logged in (including access to the pre-transcoded video)? WITHOUT needing to pre-transcode the library again, of course...

I run Windows 7 Home Premium.

regards,

// Mats

Paul
08-07-2012, 03:53 PM
Hi Mats,

Mezzmo is designed to run per user on your Windows computer. That is, each user can have their own Mezzmo library and Mezzmo server on the Windows computer that Mezzmo is installed. One Mezzmo library and one running Mezzmo server is probably suitable for most Mezzmo users' home setup. If that matches your needs, then in your case, that would mean that you would log into your Windows account on your computer and manage your Mezzmo library using the Mezzmo application if you needed to. The Mezzmo server (MezzmoMediaServer.exe) is a Windows service that (by default) this is run when you start your computer (check this setting in the Media Server Settings dialog). The Mezzmo application (Mezzmo.exe) does not need to run at Windows startup - you only need to run it when you wish to manage your files in your Mezzmo library (when you wish to do this, you need to log into your Windows account). So, your family should be able to see your Mezzmo server listed on your DLNA devices in your home no matter who is logged into your Windows computer (assuming your Mezzmo server Windows service is set to run at Windows startup), be able to browse your Mezzmo library, and stream your native or transcoded files.

Let me know if you need further information or you experience any problems in your home setup.