PDA

View Full Version : Port Listening

ltm82
08-08-2012, 05:53 PM
Hi to All,

I would like to know if it's possible specify which IP Address mezzmo use to listenig on the network.
I have seen that if i use the netstat -ano command in DOS i have got that all the ports had as Ip address 0.0.0.0 .

For example if my pc has two nic i would like that just the first one listening for DLNA.

Could you please help me?

Thanks for your help

ltm82

ltm82
08-08-2012, 10:04 PM
Hi to All,

The version installed is the last one (2.6.7).

I know that there is the option to specify the ip address that is connected to remote device but i would like that mezzmo listens only between a specific Ip address and not between 0.0.0.0 ip address.

mark11
08-09-2012, 12:17 PM
Hi to All,

The version installed is the last one (2.6.7).

I know that there is the option to specify the ip address that is connected to remote device but i would like that mezzmo listens only between a specific Ip address and not between 0.0.0.0 ip address.

Why? What are you trying to accomplish?

BTW - Any good router (or even firewall) can get you IP address specifications. As a media server, Mezzmo inherently wants to listen to everything and make itself available to everything. That's why you use ports as a limiter. You control everything coming and going through a port (or series of ports).

IMO - I think you are asking Mezzmo to be something it is not intended to be.

Paul
08-09-2012, 01:27 PM
Sorry - there is no global setting in Mezzmo to listen for DLNA/UPnP traffic only on certain NICs.

However, when a device is detected in Mezzmo and listed in the Media Devices dialog, you can specify the NIC that you want to Mezzmo and the device to communicate through. Go to the Media Devices dialog in Mezzmo and edit a device. Change the Network adapter setting from 'Automatic' (i.e. allow communication through all NICs) to your preferred NIC (e.g. your wired NIC, and not your wireless NIC).

ltm82
08-09-2012, 06:36 PM
Hi Paul,

do you suggest to use any firewall or can i block the access to my library from any particular nic from some option in mezzmo?

thanks for your help

ltm82

Paul
08-10-2012, 11:10 AM
do you suggest to use any firewall or can i block the access to my library from any particular nic from some option in mezzmo?

If you wish to block new devices accessing your Mezzmo library, then use the 'Allow all new devices to connect to Mezzmo' checkbox in the Media Devices dialog. When unchecked, it will stop all new devices from accessing your Mezzmo library. Existing devices listed in the Media Devices dialog will still be able to access your Mezzmo library - assuming they are set to 'Allow' and not 'Deny' access (use the Allow/Deny button to change access setting for listed devices).