PDA

View Full Version : Streaming problem

Pavel
02-10-2008, 05:02 AM
Hi!

When i try to play avi file from my NAS (Synology DS-107+ - native Synology UPnP Media server or Twonky installed on nas), Mezzmo player not stream, but simple copy file to "c:\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINDOWS\Application Data\Conceiva\Mezzmo Media Player\Temporary_Dlna_Files\" directory and then play it.

When i try to play same file ftom alternative media player with upnp support (TVedia 4, http://www.8dim.com/), it stream file, not copy.

so, i see some problem in Mezzmo. Whats wrong?

Best regards,
Pavel

Paul
02-11-2008, 04:12 PM
Hi Pavel,

Some media file types are required to be streamed to a local storage before playing using the current version of Mezzmo Media Player. We are working on improving this so that in future updates we'll be able to directly stream more media types.

There is also an advantage to having a file streamed and stored locally - next time you wish to play it, it doesn't have to be streamed again - it is cached by the player on your system and can be played immediately.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Best regards,

Dennis

Pavel
02-11-2008, 05:06 PM
Hi Dennis,

Some media file types are required to be streamed to a local storage before playing using the current version of Mezzmo Media Player.

Which media file types is streamed without copying to local storage?

wbr,
Pavel

Paul
02-12-2008, 09:15 AM
Hi Dennis,

Which media file types is streamed without copying to local storage?

wbr,
Pavel
Hi Pavel,

I've just re-checked with the development team that is working on the Mezzmo Media Player and it turns out that media streaming was not included in the version that is shipped at the moment.

Media streaming is included in the built-in player in Mezzmo and it will attempt to stream all types of files, but depending on the DirectX configuration of filters some files will stream and some will not. You can use the built-in player to check which files stream on your system.

We will be updating the Mezzmo Media Player with streaming functionality for the next update, which should be very soon.

Thank you for bringing this issue up.

Best regards,

Dennis