PDA

View Full Version : Unable to find Panasonic Viera TV

meadx001
08-11-2012, 08:03 PM
I have recently changed providers and as a result have had to Update my TV with a new wireless connection which is successful and I can browse the internet on the TV.
I can also see the IP address of the TV on the Router/modem.

Mezzmo, is not picking up any other media devices since this change. I have uninstalled and re-installed Mezzmo. It simply can't find any other devices on the network.

The Cable router that I have is the following "Cisco DPQ3925-X DOCSIS 3.0 2-PORT Voice Gateway"
When I go to the router/modem I can see the TV, Iphones etc all showing in the list of devices on the wireless network.

Normally Mezzmo recognises all these devices or did when I had an ADSL modem, so what is stopping Mezzmo from seeing all the devices on the PC :(

Can anyone shed some light on how to pick up my devices again?

Thanks heaps

Paul
08-13-2012, 09:32 AM
Hi meadx001,

It sounds like something is blocking your devices from communicating with Mezzmo server. Typically, this is your firewall or system protection software on your PC, or your router's settings (i.e. it's built-in firewall, filtering or UPnP settings). We have a checklist that typically solves this connection problem - http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/1183-FAQ-Cannot-see-Mezzmo-on-your-DLNA-device. Let us know how you go.

meadx001
08-13-2012, 10:24 AM
Hi Paul

I actually ran through all of this yesterday with no luck.
I have also tried to used the "Windows Network and Sharing" streaming options where you can list other devices on the network. None show up in their either, so it is definitely something to do with the router.
However, I have made sure that there is no filtering, firewall and that UPNP is turned off so I don't know what is happening.
If I list the devices connected to the router, I can see them in the Router and they can all access the web, it's just that my PC can't seem to see them on the router.

what I did notice was that until I removed the old entries in Windows and Mezzmo, they were still there. So my TV used to be on IP .02 and is no .16. So I thought they were there but they were no longer valid.
I am not sure of this old instance is creating an issue but I doubt it. I removed tham and they haven't popped up again because they are blocked.

Thanks

I am going to contact the Router people today, but if you have any ideas let me know.

Paul
08-13-2012, 10:49 AM
Try rebooting your router as sometimes they can can get confused.

If no change, please send a set of logs and we'll see how your devices and Mezzmo are trying to communicate. Turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Turn off/on your devices and try to list media servers on them. When you do not see Mezzmo listed, stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all logs and send them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

meadx001
08-15-2012, 09:41 AM
Hello Paul,

Thank you so much for trying to help me.
There is no doubt in my mind that it is to do with the CISCO Cable Modem.

I attached my Netgear Router to the modem as the router has both 2.4 and 5 band width, so I am using this for wireless devises and have turned wireless off on the modem.
As soon as I finished configuring the router Mezzmo picked up my Panasonic.

Thanks you very much for your help.

Cheers

Paul
08-15-2012, 10:51 AM
Glad you are up and running now.