PDA

View Full Version : Genres / Shortcuts

BobbyOwens
08-12-2012, 01:33 AM
Hi,

I have just installed mezzmo and it looks great. It even plays files on my xbox properly that TVersity didn't.

I have a couple of questions however. I use mediabrowser on Windows 7 and have got genres setup for all my movies. I have a folder called Genres, then the actual genres beneath (e.g. Action, Adventure, etc). Within the genre folders are shortcuts to movies of that genres. In this way I can have a movie in multiple genres. Can mezzmo be configured to handle this? I've added my "genres" folder but it doesn't show any movies beneath each genre. :-(

If I cant do this. I notice that mezzmo has it's own genres folder, but its got a sub folder for each genre combination

e.g.
Action, Adventure
Action, Adventure, Comedy
Action, Comedy

Is there a way to get it to have genres of:

Action
Adventure
Comedy

and have movies duplicated in the relevant folders so if I want to watch a "comedy", the folder will have "action comedies" & "action adventure comedies" (Hope this makes sense)?

Thanks in advance

Bobby

Paul
08-12-2012, 09:18 AM
Hi Bobby,

All makes sense. The current version of Mezzmo does group a file's genres into a comma delimited list. We are planning to have this separated in a future version of Mezzmo so that you can achieve what you are after.

jbinkley60
08-12-2012, 10:06 AM
You can do this by creating smart playlists for each specific genre type. I've done this. The problem is that Windows Media Player doesn't see them. Another smarter Windows player like XBMC or DVDfab Media player work fine. They also support proper folder views, which the current Windows Media Player does not.

BobbyOwens
08-13-2012, 02:20 AM
Thanks for the replies. I've just tried out the smart playlists and it works like a charm.

Paul
08-13-2012, 08:00 AM
Great that you have a working solution, Bobby. Hope you enjoy streaming with Mezzmo.

jbinkley60: Nice idea & thanks for sharing.

jbinkley60
08-13-2012, 10:19 AM
Smart playlist support was one of the big reasons I switched from Tversity to Mezzmo. I'd like to see a < and > than operator added but they work very well.

Paul
08-13-2012, 10:44 AM
...I'd like to see a < and > than operator added but they work very well.

For numeric fields, there are 'is greater than' and 'is less than' operators in the Smart Playlist dialog. Is this what you mean?

jbinkley60
08-14-2012, 12:31 AM
You are correct Paul. I didn't state my need properly. The two items I'd like to see are multiple condtional operators (i.e. support and/or combinations in a complex filter) and the ability to parse out things like the word "The" from the beginning of a file name. I use the Smart Playlists for generating Playlists by name (i.e. file that begin with A, B, C, D etc..). These two items would make it easier. For numbers I could say files that begin with 0 and are less than or equal to 9. Also the ability to strip off words like "The" so that files that begin with The don't all show up under T. I know these are on the futures list.

Paul
08-14-2012, 10:54 AM
OK - understand now. Thanks.