PDA

View Full Version : several recent issues - getting frustrated!!!

america94
08-14-2012, 01:47 AM
Hi there,

OK, with 2.6.7, pretty any video I play keeps disconnecting on my Samsung C (no error message, just the stream stopping and next episode/file kicking in instead)... PS3 is having a hard time with a lot of lagging as well....I have no changes in my environment - no transcoding - same tv series or movies i was watching before 2.6.7 without issues).

Reading some threads here and seeing it looks like several users are experiencing similar issue, I followed what i think is Paul's advice and decided to move back to 2.5.0 until a new version comes out....

2.5.0 now keeps crashing when maintaining library (which i had to delete because old Mezzmo refused to work with recent Mezzmo db file) ... this is quite frustrating...

I was lucky because i had a copy of all past Mezzmo versions in a temp folder so i thought no problem, I'll upgrade to 2.5.1 because the forums mention crashing a lot with 2.5.0.... low and behold, that temp folder with past versions is gone now, since installing 2.5.0 (my bad for not backing it up!)....

So can i get my hands on 2.5.1 and subsequent versions? i can't remember which one, but somewhere between 2.5.1 and 2.6.7, i had a version which was working flawlessly and if i can reinstall it, I think i'll never upgrade again!!! just want to stream videos and listen to some music....i don't care about improved functions or fancy playlists or whatnot....

Can you help me out? is there a web of FTP where previous versions can be downloaded? i just want my old versions back to experiment!

Thanks!

Stephane

BeFi
08-14-2012, 02:01 AM
The Mezzmo Downloads can be found under http://www.conceiva.com/downloads/xxxx_mezzmo-setup.exe. If you swap the xxxx with the Mezzmo version you are looking for the download starts. E.g. 2.5 = 2500; 2.6.7 = 2670.

If you have once upgraded without saving your Library you have to create the library from new when you downgrade. However you can easily do backups:
Assuming you have Win7 you simply zip the following dir: C.\Users\<your user>\AppData\Local\Conceiva\Mezzmo. You can only do backups with the Media server stopped.

Paul
08-14-2012, 10:35 AM
Hi Stephane,

BeFi has provided details where to get previous versions. If any troubles, just post back here.

Regarding v2.6.7.0 and your disconnects, several users have reported the same issue and we're trying to reproduce it here without any success (we've tried streaming to Samsung D-series TVs, Samsung C-series TVs and Samsung BDP players without any disconnects). We have prepared a test patch that we are asking for feedback from users experiencing this disconnect issue and are waiting for their results. Hopefully it helps us track down the issue. If you want to try it also, then contact us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

fastbuck
08-14-2012, 06:42 PM
i'm also having a Samsung C TV and a Samsung BDP Player and have no disconnections with 2.6.7.0. for me this version just works and browsing is faster than before. for the first time my Samsung will also play on-the-fly transcodes without stopping after a few seconds on my Samsung C TV.