PDA

View Full Version : Slow opening music folder

Pavlov
08-14-2012, 08:23 AM
Hi,

I'm not sure if this is normal but whenever I click on the music folder to view contents I get the Windows hourglass for almost 5 min before the folder finally opens up. During that time Mezzmo freezes up until folder finally opens. Video and photo folders open immediately. I also noticed that album jackets appear in the Photos folder as well as in each album folder - is this normal?

I'm not sure if it makes a difference but I deleted the original Music folder and created a new one under another name.

The Music tab at the bottom left side of the screen still appears but is empty, my newly created folder does not appear in this area.

My music collection is not located in the Windows default "My Music" location. I have about 1000 FLAC encoded albums(6000 titles) and I'm running a Quad core Q9550 with 4gb RAM.

Thanks again

Paul
08-14-2012, 10:53 AM
Hi Pavlov,

It is not normal to take so long, so we'd like to find out what is happening. Please send us a set of logs and we'll be able to see what is taking so long. Turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging), stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Start Mezzmo again and then click on Music folder as you mention. When it finally appears, exit Mezzmo again. Zip up all the logs and send them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

Pavlov
08-15-2012, 06:17 AM
Hi Pavlov,

It is not normal to take so long, so we'd like to find out what is happening. Please send us a set of logs and we'll be able to see what is taking so long. Turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging), stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Start Mezzmo again and then click on Music folder as you mention. When it finally appears, exit Mezzmo again. Zip up all the logs and send them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

Log file sent

Thank you

Paul
08-15-2012, 05:26 PM
Thanks for the logs - we'll analyze them and contact you shortly.

Pavlov
08-18-2012, 09:35 AM
Since I could not find the Mezzmo.dl with SQLite I tried to uninstall and do a fresh install/config of Mezzmo. However, despite the fact that I checked Delete Mezzmo library box, when I reinstall it I still have the exact same folders and settings(and problem) yet I'm prompted to register. What's more - I seem to have misplaced my product key %?$*&!!!
How can I do a fresh install?
Thank you

Paul
08-18-2012, 11:54 AM
Hi Pavlov,

I have sent your Mezzmo serial & license key to you via email. Download and install the latest version of Mezzmo (v2.6.7.0). Then enter your serial & license key to get back up and running. Let us know if you still have problems & we'll help out.

Pavlov
08-18-2012, 12:12 PM
Hi Pavlov,

I have sent your Mezzmo serial & license key to you via email. Download and install the latest version of Mezzmo (v2.6.7.0). Then enter your serial & license key to get back up and running. Let us know if you still have problems & we'll help out.

Thanks for the quick response however I'd still like to do a sweep/clean install. Tried a few things and music folder is still buggy.

Paul
08-18-2012, 12:20 PM
Tried a few things and music folder is still buggy.

What's the problem you're having?

Pavlov
08-18-2012, 12:40 PM
What's the problem you're having?

Music folder takes forever to scan & causes Mezzmo to freeze up. Just clicking on the music folder causes Mezzmo to freeze up. Multiple copies of album artwork appear in photos folder as well as in album file folder. Moving music collection back to default Windows location didn't help. Properties pane(bottom left) shows Total folders:2 when in fact there should be 3. "Music" tab above properties pane comes up empty when I click on it.

Paul
08-18-2012, 12:42 PM
Please take a screenshot and send it to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

Paul
08-19-2012, 08:55 AM
Hi Pavlov,

Thanks for the screenshot. I can see you have the 'Music' tab at the bottom of the tree in Mezzmo selected. When selected, this is searching for all you music files in your Mezzm olibrary and only shows them - which can take a little time depending on the size of your Mezzmo library. If you select the 'All' tab at the bottom of the tree in Mezzmo, then all folders/playlists/files will be displayed & it will be much faster. Let us know how you go.

Pavlov
08-22-2012, 09:57 AM
Hi Pavlov,

Thanks for the screenshot. I can see you have the 'Music' tab at the bottom of the tree in Mezzmo selected. When selected, this is searching for all you music files in your Mezzm olibrary and only shows them - which can take a little time depending on the size of your Mezzmo library. If you select the 'All' tab at the bottom of the tree in Mezzmo, then all folders/playlists/files will be displayed & it will be much faster. Let us know how you go.

Thanks but I think the problem required more drastic measures...

I finally managed to do a complete uninstall with Revo uninstaller followed by a clean install.

After rescanning all media everything is back to normal. Mezzmo and computer don't freeze up when I scan media files and photo folder contains only photos found in My Pictures instead of multiple copies of album artwork.

Now I'd like to figure out how to play my entire music collection or selected genres randomly on my Oppo BDP-93. This is very easy to do with my Squeezebox Touch and Logitech Media Server - I just check the genres I want ans press "Play random songs" The thing is that the sound of the Oppo's S/PDIF output is better than the Touch's when feeding my DAC.

Paul
08-22-2012, 10:48 AM
Great that you are up and running now, Pavlov. We'll look into the issues you mention and try to reproduce them here.

With regards playing your music, on your Oppo connect to Mezzmo server and browse to the Music playlist. Then browse to the Genre playlist and select the Genre you prefer and play the songs listed there. Mezzmo does not yet have random playback - this is typically a feature of your DLNA media player (i.e. your Oppo). We are looking at adding random playlists into Mezzmo for a future version.

If you don't like the default playlists that Mezzmo creates when you install it, then you can create your own. In Mezzmo, click on the Music playlist in the tree, and then click 'Create Playlist' and choose the type of playlist you would like. For example, choose 'Smart Playlist' and enter the search criteria for the smart playlist. For example, File type is Music and Genre = rock and Year is in the range 1980 to 1989 to create a list of all rock music from the 1980s.

givitup2E
09-05-2012, 01:46 AM
I tried to uninstall and install it back, got no different results.

Paul
09-05-2012, 09:13 AM
I tried to uninstall and install it back, got no different results.

What problem are you having?

givitup2E
09-11-2012, 02:31 PM
I was having the slow opening of a folder issue.

Paul
09-11-2012, 06:00 PM
I was having the slow opening of a folder issue.

Are you still having the issue now? When running Mezzmo application or when streaming to your device? Let us know more detail so we can help.

givitup2E
09-11-2012, 08:32 PM
yes I still have it, but according to your other thread the issue may soon be history with a new forthcoming update.

Paul
09-12-2012, 08:03 AM
yes I still have it, but according to your other thread the issue may soon be history with a new forthcoming update.

OK - when the new update is released, let us know if the problem persists and we'll look into it further for you.