PDA

View Full Version : Sony BDP S490 Crashes when trying to play .mp4 video files

donali
08-15-2012, 04:36 PM
Has anyone else had similar problems with Sony players after the recent update? I have tried to email the log files to support but my email was returned with the message:

Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

<support@conceiva.com>:
Message expired for domain conceiva.com

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Don

Paul
08-15-2012, 05:25 PM
Hi Don,

Please zip up your logs and then send them to support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

If the ZIP file is over 10MB in size your email may bounce, so upload them to a filesharing site like dropbox or rapidshare and send us the download link. Once we get your logs, we'll analyze them and get you back up and running.

donali
08-15-2012, 05:33 PM
I have re sent the files about 10 mins ago, (64k size) so they should not bounce. Please let me know if you get them.

Don

Paul
08-15-2012, 05:47 PM
Hi Don,

Just received the logs - many thanks. We'll get back to you after we have analyzed them.

aojuk
08-27-2012, 05:50 PM
I am having the same issue. My current profile is Sony,BDP,HT,SMP and my current version is 2.6.7.0, my bluray player is Sony BDP-S590. When I play MP4 files I get the message. The file is corrupt or not supported. The files play fine on my PC. Please help.

Paul
08-28-2012, 10:04 AM
Contact us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we'll provide a patch that should get you up and running. In your email, please include the FFmpeg information for the MP4 file that does not play. To do this, right-click on the file in Mezzmo and click 'Get FFmpeg Information'.