PDA

View Full Version : WDTV Live SMP "There is no media in the current folder"

starfire
08-15-2012, 07:02 PM
Hi,

I am having a problem with my WDTV Live SMP accessing the Mezzmo media server.

On the WDTV (running latest firmware) I select videos or photos, then media server and select Mezzmo but then I get an error "There is no media in the current folder".

I can select one of my other media servers fine and it works each time and I see my albums etc as expected so the problem seems specific to Mezzmo.

I have on occasions got Mezzmo to work on the WDTV but then after a day or so it stops working again.

I tried to email support with the logs but it's getting bounced:

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent has not yet been delivered to one or more of
its recipients after 26 hours.

The message has not yet been delivered to the following addresses:

<support@conceiva.com>

domain name system error:
host conceiva.dynns.com:
ip addresses can not be resolved temporarily

No action is required on your part. Delivery attempts will continue for
some time, and this warning may be repeated at intervals if the message
remains undelivered. Eventually the mail delivery software will give up,
and when that happens, the message will be returned to you.

Regards

Paul
08-16-2012, 09:03 AM
Hi starfire,

Please zip up your logs and then send them to support [at] conceiva [dot] com. If you did this already, please try again.

If the ZIP file is over 10MB in size your email may bounce, so upload them to a filesharing site like dropbox or rapidshare and send us the download link. Once we get your logs, we'll analyze them and get you back up and running.

starfire
08-16-2012, 05:41 PM
Hi,

It looks like there is some issue sending emails to anything [at] conceiva [dot] com, I had the same problem with the sales alias as well as support.

So I sent an email from a hotmail account, hopefully you will get that.

Paul
08-16-2012, 06:08 PM
Hi starfire,

Got your logs from your hotmail account. We'll check them out and get back to you.

FreeRyde
08-17-2012, 08:20 AM
The issue is a bug in Western Digital's WDTV Live firmware.
There are numerous complaints on that forum.

In support, Google provides 4 pages when searching: WDTV Live SMP "There is no media in the current folder".

starfire
08-17-2012, 05:11 PM
Well, it always worked with my other DLNA server software the issue was only with Mezzmo.

And Support just sent me a patch that fixes Mezzmo so the problem is solved now,

Thanks Support.

Paul
08-18-2012, 12:09 PM
Hi starfire,

Glad you are back up and running again.

Dion
08-18-2012, 02:48 PM
I have no issues seeing media with my WDTV Live SMP. I'm using latest mezzmo if that matters. Maybe your profile device got messed up.

PowerMan572
05-30-2013, 07:39 AM
Any chance you could send this patch to me? I'm having the exact same probelm. Was working fine, but I reinstalled Windows, and now Mezzmo won't let me browse my folders!

Paul
05-30-2013, 10:17 AM
It is probably an access permissions issue if your media files are coming from a NAS drive or another computer. See this FAQ to fix the problem - http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/4597-FAQ-Accessing-files-from-external-computers-and-NAS-drives-on-your-home-network