PDA

View Full Version : .mp4 demultiplex/re-multiplex disappearing act.

Diogenes
08-20-2012, 01:53 AM
Hi Folks,

I have a couple of shortish .mp4 video files which won't appear in the mezzmo interface on this PC,and consequently fail to appear on the WD Live HD on the TV,unless I demux 'em,and completely remove the audio.

The mystery being,that if I remove the (single stereo compliant AAC track) audio from them,they both immediately show up.I can even change the bitrate,fps,cabac on or off etc.,and they still appear,but when I add ANY AAC audio whatsoever,even pinched from fully working .mp4 files,they blob out,and disappear again,despite manic attempts at rescanning/refreshing in the mezzmo interface.

There aren't any DRM,or Sony issues with either file,incidentally.

Does anyone have any ideas? I'd be most grateful.

Paul
08-20-2012, 08:59 AM
Hi Diogenes,

Can you post the FFmpeg information on one these MP4 files? If the MP4 files were successfully added into your Mezzmo library, then right-click on the file in Mezzmo and click 'Get FFmpeg Information'. If they were not added to your Mezzmo library, then using a Windows command window (run 'cmd.exe' from Windows Start menu), and change directory to your Mezzmo program folder (e.g. CD c:\Program Files\Conceiva\Mezzmo) and run the following command:

ffmpeg -i <videofile>

(where <videofile> is the full path to your your MP4 file). Post the output from ffmpeg & we'll check out what may be going wrong.

Diogenes
08-20-2012, 10:44 PM
G'mornin (???) Paul,

Response is much appreciated,as is the removal of the Dutch "I want a biggun,and I want it yesterday" spam.

It looks like these are now sorted,by the simple (though obviously overlooked by myself....duh) task of right-click/properties/details/Remove Properties and Personal Information/Create a copy with all possible properties removed.

Et voila! Both .mp4's now showing up in Mezzmo,and playing flawlessly on TV,via WD Live HD now a metadata tag or ten has been removed.

Hope to maybe help a few folks here,from time to time,though it'll only happen once I'm 100% sure of my info/sources.

Mezzmo 2.6.7.0
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit sole user
Pentium Q6600 @ 3.2
SSD HDD's sata6 usb 3.0
Wired connections from D-Link DIR-655 router to various AV hardware.
etc. etc.

Diogenes
08-21-2012, 09:57 AM
I just knew there'd be something else.

After installing the latest version of Mezzmo,I lost 99% of the info that was there when hovering the mouse cursor over a video thumbnail.

I no longer saw any codec,audio,or bitrate information,so I've gone back to a much older version for now,which has restored everything how I liked it,still using VLC as my default player.

Paul
08-21-2012, 10:05 AM
Hi Diogenes,

Glad you are up and running (with an older version of Mezzmo - which version?). The latest version of Mezzmo (v2.6.7.0) should work fine for all your video metadata. If you are willing to re-install it & reproduce the problem, then we can certainly find out what is going wrong.

Diogenes
08-21-2012, 10:51 AM
Hi Paul,

Currently using Mezzmo 2.1.12.0

This is an example of the info I get from a simple mouse hover over a thumbnail,all of which work,as I have Shark's Codecs,both 32 & 64bit installed,using Indigo for thumbnail generation plus MediaInfo.

MediaInfo:
MPEG-4 (Base Media) 361 MiB 10mn 21s
Video:English 4889 Kbps 1280*720 (16:9) at 25.000 fps
AVC (High@L4.1)
(CABAC /3 Ref Frames)
Audio:English 128 Kbps 48.0 KHz 2 channels AAC(LS)

Whereas with Mezzmo 2.6.7.0 installed I was only seeing something like:-

Video:VLC file .mp4
Date:20/08/2012
Length:10.21

So,I can only assume the latest Mezzmo possibly doesn't play nicely with MediaInfo,(or vice versa),though again,fairly typically,it didn't occur to me that maybe I should uninstall,then reinstall MediaInfo for irrefutable evidence.

D'you reckon the fact that Mezzmo maybe 'prefers' WMP as default player,rather than VLC may have anything to do with it?....I do have WMP 12 installed,but I've never bothered to use it,as there's enough stuff on the PC phoning home to microsoft every 5 minutes as it is.

Paul
08-22-2012, 09:21 AM
Hi Diogenes,

Mezzmo is self-contained and does not use MediaInfo, VLC, WMP or any codec packs. Mezzmo can stream to any DLNA client hardware or software and does not have any preferences as such.

When you hover over a thumbnail, what application are you doing this in? Was the file you are hovering over streamed to this application by Mezzmo server?

Diogenes
08-26-2012, 05:20 AM
Hi Paul,

Sorted it by uninstalling MediaInfo,cleaning out the relevant registry settings with CCleaner,updated Mezzmo to 2.6.7.0,rebooted,and reinstalled MediaInfo.

Everything's now sorted,apart from a couple of streaming aspect ratio niggles,which are partially solved by using the Onkyo BDP profile (haven't tried the temporarily recommended Sony one yet) for my Panny DMR-PWT520,as it was streaming either full width & heavily vertically squashed for supposedly full screen 16:9 content,or width squashed to 4:3,with extremely tall & skinny people when streaming 14:9 files.

I'm not complaining about above minor glitches,incidentally,as I'm aware a few posters here have similar issues,which you guys are currently trying to sort out,so I hope the 14:9 issue is also dealt with,as that AR appears to be kosher,and handled fine (with 3 or 4 inch black bars L & R) when streaming to my TV (Panny V20 42" Plasma) via WD Live HD player.

Paul
08-27-2012, 10:18 AM
Glad you are up and running now, Diogenes.

We have several improvements in the Panasonic device profiles that will be included in the upcoming new version. That may help you with your aspect ratio problems.