PDA

View Full Version : Rapidshare Connections

quigong
12-19-2009, 09:06 AM
Yea, I know, another question from a NewbiE..

JUST got my new Conceiva D/S Up & Running, always have a full-legal R/S Prem account.
I'm only getting *1* connection to R/S, and can't seem to find *any* settings internally inside my account @ R/S to re-set....

Hey !
Thanks for any enlightenment !!
Qui~

Brent
12-19-2009, 11:01 AM
Hi,

When you first install there is a site rule in DownloadStudio that restricts RapidShare downloads by default. As a rapidshare premium user you can turn this off. Here's how:

Go to the options dialog in DownloadStudio (Tools menu > Options...)
Select the 'Site Rules' section. This is where site specific download settings can be set up.
You should see a rule 'rapidshare.*' in this list.
You can delete this rule or edit it to set the number of connections/splits you would like to use for rapidshare.

Terry
12-19-2009, 11:06 AM
Hi,

By default Download Studio has a site rule for RapidShare that is configured to only allow 1 connection (so that it works with non-premium accounts). Go to Tools -> Options -> Site Rules and scroll down the "Site List" until you find the rule for rapidshare.* As you have a premium account either delete this rule or edit it and change the "Maximum number of connections:" and "Maximum number of splits per file:" options to suit yourself.

edit: Beaten by Brent :-)

Regards,
Terry

quigong
12-20-2009, 11:11 PM
Fixed and perfect !!

clark kent
02-12-2010, 09:18 AM
Doesn't using more splits on rapidshare make your trafficshare get used up faster?

Brent
02-12-2010, 09:55 AM
Downloading with multiple splits does not download any more data than downloading with one split.

Trafficshare seems to be based on volume of the data downloaded, not the number of times a request is sent to a url. If this is the case then using multiple splits will not use the trafficshare quota up any quicker than downloading with 1 split.

clark kent
02-23-2010, 12:41 PM
Downloading with multiple splits does not download any more data than downloading with one split.

Trafficshare seems to be based on volume of the data downloaded, not the number of times a request is sent to a url. If this is the case then using multiple splits will not use the trafficshare quota up any quicker than downloading with 1 split.

hmm. i'm gonna check that out. Because i remember when i first got download studio adn i tried it when rapidshare had the ten gigs a day limit, if i downloaded like three gigs with 10 splits it would say i exceeded my limit. so i've always done it with one split on rapidshare for years now. I'm gonna check it out and report back.

clark kent
02-26-2010, 05:23 AM
hmm. i'm gonna check that out. Because i remember when i first got download studio adn i tried it when rapidshare had the ten gigs a day limit, if i downloaded like three gigs with 10 splits it would say i exceeded my limit. so i've always done it with one split on rapidshare for years now. I'm gonna check it out and report back.

very odd.. even when i choose to 2-10 splits it goes to just one no matter what and i can't get it to do splits. :(

Brent
03-02-2010, 03:35 PM
Did you remove the rule from the site rules dialog?

Here are the instructions:

Go to the options dialog in DownloadStudio (Tools menu > Options...)
Select the 'Site Rules' section. This is where site specific download settings can be set up.
You should see a rule 'rapidshare.*' in this list.
You can delete this rule or edit it to set the number of connections/splits you would like to use for rapidshare.

After deleting this site rule you should be able to create a new job for a rapidshare download and it should use the default number of splits you have set.

di7ra
03-05-2010, 09:32 AM
DLS 5.2.2.0
Chrome 4.0.249.89
Rapidshare.com premium acc (direct d/l enabled, logged)
Windows 7

Can't d/l any file with DLS as it gets only html pages. In Firefox i couldn't create a job in DLS directly but i could d/l file from link in browser (via context menu). Now i can't use DLS for rs at all.

Peter
03-05-2010, 09:55 AM
Hi,
it sounds like DownloadStudio is getting the wrong cookie for Rapidshare, there may be an older invalid cookie in Firefox or Internet Explorer that is being used, you will need to clear out the cookies in Internet Explorer and find any Rapidshare cookies in Firefox and delete them. Once you have cleared the cookies from these browsers, DownloadStudio should be able to find the valid cookie from Chrome when you create new Rapidshare download jobs.

di7ra
03-05-2010, 10:10 AM
It looks like so but only not because of old cookie as i don't have FF installed anymore, nor i used IE for any rs downloads (as i'm keeping IE only for some specific sites). Also, i had the same problem in FF as i mentioned but could use DLS via context menu which hasn't DLS option in Chrome.

Peter
03-05-2010, 01:25 PM
Make sure you have 'Use cookies to assist downloading files from web servers' checked in the Tools->Options->Connection->HTTP page of DownloadStudio. DownloadStudio tries to get cookies from Internet Explorer and then Chrome, so if you have at any time in the past logged into Rapidshare using Internet Explorer then there will be a cookie sitting there that is invalid, try clearing the cookies from Internet Explorer just to see if this helps the issue.

Downloading from Firefox using the context menu operates a little differently than if you copy and paste the URL, the context menu action passes the cookie from the browser session to DownloadStudio directly. If a URL is pasted into DownloadStudio then DownloadStudio will search for each browser's cookie jar and try to find a cookie to match the URL. Can you see in the Job Conversation tab that a cookie is being passed to the server? You should be able to view your cookies in Chrome to see if the cookie matches what is being sent to the server.

di7ra
03-05-2010, 02:35 PM
Option to "use cookies to assist downloading files from web servers" is checked. As IE never has been used to d/l from rs there aren't cookies but i also cleaned it up to be absolutly sure.

Checked rs cookie in Chrome but i didn't see anything like that would be used in DLS: [img link] (http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/5298/jobconversation.png).

Peter
03-05-2010, 03:30 PM
After stepping through the code I have found that Google Chrome is not being detected when DownloadStudio is looking for cookies, Chrome have changed their registry settings and we are not finding the install path. We will fix this issue and the solution will be available in DownloadStudio 6.0.2 available in a couple of weeks time.

di7ra
03-05-2010, 03:32 PM
Thank you.

di7ra
08-17-2010, 07:26 AM
Ok, here we got the problem back again: DLS doesn't work with new Google Chrome ver. 5.0.375.126. And installed extension makes browser behavior strange.

Peter
08-17-2010, 10:19 AM
We have made some improvements to the Chrome Extension since the release of DownloadStudio 6.0.3, the improved extension will be released with the next version of DownloadStudio but until then you can download it here:
http://www.conceiva.com/downloads/DSChromeExtension.zip
Just extract the zip file to a temp directory and then drag and drop the ChromeExtension.crx file onto the browser.

di7ra
08-19-2010, 05:17 AM
We have made some improvements to the Chrome Extension since the release of DownloadStudio 6.0.3, the improved extension will be released with the next version of DownloadStudio but until then you can download it here:
http://www.conceiva.com/downloads/DSChromeExtension.zip
Just extract the zip file to a temp directory and then drag and drop the ChromeExtension.crx file onto the browser.
Have you tested it, Peter? Because it doesn't work to me. It still makes problem with redirection while browsing and doesn't intercept rapidshare.com cookies.

Peter
08-19-2010, 09:14 AM
The chrome extension has been tested with rapidshare and other sites and is getting the cookie from the cookie jar of the browser, do you have 'Tools->Options->Connection->HTTP' "Use Cookies to assist downloading files from web servers" enabled?

Could you provide some examples of problems with redirection while browsing, if we know the url we can test it to find out what is going wrong?

di7ra
08-19-2010, 12:34 PM
The chrome extension has been tested with rapidshare and other sites and is getting the cookie from the cookie jar of the browser, do you have 'Tools->Options->Connection->HTTP' "Use Cookies to assist downloading files from web servers" enabled?

Could you provide some examples of problems with redirection while browsing, if we know the url we can test it to find out what is going wrong?

Well, still no luck with rapidshare.com to me. I have cleaned browser cookies and re-installed DLS extension. Made sure once more again that i have enabled "Direct downloads" in RS account settings and "Use Cookies to assist downloading files from web servers" in DLS settings. Still i'm getting only 46KB html file.

Extension caused problem with links and redirection but i haven't noticed that after re-installing it (previous version had that problem for sure though).

Peter
08-19-2010, 02:14 PM
Can you check the job conversation from the rapidshare download in DownloadStudio to see if a 'Cookie' is being uploaded, it should have a cookie named 'enc' in order to download. If there is no cookie in the job conversation or there is a cookie but the enc cookie is not there then the rapidshare download will not work.

di7ra
08-19-2010, 04:28 PM
It looks like there's no that (http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/628/downloadstudiodownloadf.png) cookie (i'm logged in my RS account).

Peter
08-20-2010, 07:25 AM
The image link in your message does not load, can you check the link?

di7ra
08-20-2010, 10:37 AM
Strange, link works ok to me. I have d/led the image and re-uploaded (http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/628/downloadstudiodownloadf.png) it.

Peter
08-20-2010, 10:54 AM
I can see it now, it looks like you are downloading from a site www.kpnemo.ws and the cookie for this site is being passed to DownloadStudio, if you try copying the url for the rapidshare download and adding it into DownloadStudio via Add Job then it should get the correct cookie.

di7ra
08-20-2010, 12:52 PM
Maybe you could to provide "copy a link" option for context menu if you suggest to use it that way, please? Because with installed DLS extension i need to open link in new tab/window (and it starts d/ling) to copy its url from address bar.

Anyway, here's the result (http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/628/downloadstudiodownloadf.png) with copy-pasted link (logged in RS account).

Peter
08-20-2010, 03:46 PM
In DownloadStudio "Tools->Options->Connection->HTTP" do you have 'Use cookies to assist downloading files from web servers' checked? The job conversation in your screenshot does not show a cookie being uploaded with the request.

Yes, it is possible for us to add a 'copy link to clipboard' entry in the menu.

DownloadStudio has two methods to get a cookie for the download, from the browser when a link is added and directly from the cookie jar of the browser when the request is started. The problem is that if a site 'www.files.com' has it's own cookie and contains rapidshare links 'rapidshare.com/download/file.zip' then DownloadStudio gets the cookie for 'www.files.com' and does not try to get the cookie for rapidshare because the cookie is already set.

di7ra
08-20-2010, 05:20 PM
In DownloadStudio "Tools->Options->Connection->HTTP" do you have 'Use cookies to assist downloading files from web servers' checked? The job conversation in your screenshot does not show a cookie being uploaded with the request.

Made sure once more again that i have enabled "Direct downloads" in RS account settings and "Use Cookies to assist downloading files from web servers" in DLS settings.

Yes, it is possible for us to add a 'copy link to clipboard' entry in the menu.
Would be nice, thanks.

DownloadStudio has two methods to get a cookie for the download, from the browser when a link is added and directly from the cookie jar of the browser when the request is started. The problem is that if a site 'www.files.com' has it's own cookie and contains rapidshare links 'rapidshare.com/download/file.zip' then DownloadStudio gets the cookie for 'www.files.com' and does not try to get the cookie for rapidshare because the cookie is already set.
I have checked that with downloading a file directly from my own RS account (so no any other "3rd party" sites). And yes, it worked for DLS like a cham. But then here's a question: how to get links from other sites without their cookies? Because if i just copy links from sites and add them manually i have the same result - only 46KB html file.

Sorry if it's a stupid question but i don't know much about that.

Peter
08-23-2010, 08:01 AM
We will need to make some changes to the way DownloadStudio evaluates cookies passed from the web browser in order to fix the problem when downloading from other sites. DownloadStudio should be able to get your login cookie for rapidshare from the cookie jar of your browser (unless you have your browser setup to block cookies from being saved?), could you check your browser settings to make sure cookies are being saved?

di7ra
08-23-2010, 07:34 PM
As i may come back on rapidshare.com without logging every time again here shouldn't be any blocks (http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/2008/contentsettings.png) (and no an exception setted up).

Peter
08-24-2010, 08:35 AM
We have made some changes to DownloadStudio to try and fix this issue, could you please try the new version? You can download it from http://www.conceiva.com/downloads/DownloadStudio24082010.zip
1. Go to the folder where you installed DownloadStudio
2. Rename DownloadStudio.exe to _DownloadStudio.exe
3. Extract the contents of the zip file to this folder

You should be able to download rapidshare links from any site now and the correct cookie will be used, you should also be able to paste rapidshare links into DownloadStudio directly and DownloadStudio will get the login cookie from your browser.
Please let us know if this works correctly.

di7ra
08-24-2010, 12:25 PM
1. D/led new ver. of DLS.
2. Cleaned browsing data, restarted browser
3. Re-installed DLS extension.
4. Logged in my RS account (http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/964/rapidshareu.png) (no any side sites at all).
5. Tried to d/l (http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/4801/addjob.png) one of my own files (which i could d/l (http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/406-Rapidshare-Connections?p=2435#post2435) with previous ver. of DLS).
6. And now i coudn't (http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/3433/downloadstudio.png) even that way.

Peter
08-24-2010, 02:11 PM
The job conversation does not show any cookie being uploaded with the request, so DownloadStudio is not finding your login cookie.
When I try downloading from rapidshare directly DownloadStudio is finding the cookie, either by downloading using Google Chrome or by pasting the link into the Add Job dialog in DownloadStudio.
The differences between the versions of DownloadStudio should not prevent you from getting the cookie when the host names match (rapidshare.com).

If you open Chrome's Options and go to 'Content Settings', 'Show Cookies and other site data' and search for 'rapidshare.com' you should find your 'enc' cookie?

di7ra
08-24-2010, 02:22 PM
Yes, sir. I have that (http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/4648/cookiesandotherdata.png) cookie.

Btw, does non-english system paths have effect onto DLS? As i'm working on Windows with local language (cyrillic symbols).

Peter
08-24-2010, 02:35 PM
Yes, it looks like that might be the problem, DownloadStudio is using non-unicode sqlite functions to open the google chrome cookie database, the filename is not being converted properly before being passed to the function. We will fix this up.